C Mcgregor

Scotland miss Mcgregor. Not appreciated but a baller. 2 centre half's ot of 4 not good enough. No pace up front. Stay in game win 1_0 that's the only way forward with what's available. Mcgregor is the only pivot. 

McGregor is a good player, probably underrated by our fanbase and I voted for him as Scotland's best player in 2023, but Gilmour can play that role really well even if he didn't show it particularly tonight.

It's easy to get down after a bad result, but it's too easy to look at the players that are missing when we have a bad result and think they'll be the missing link. I think before the game tonight a lot of people would have been thinking McGregor will struggle to get back into the team. Let's wait and see.

9 hours ago, Hamish118 said:

Scotland miss Mcgregor. Not appreciated but a baller. 2 centre half's ot of 4 not good enough. No pace up front. Stay in game win 1_0 that's the only way forward with what's available. Mcgregor is the only pivot. 

I felt that last night. I don't think he's been great this season, and been a bit "meh" for us for a while, but with him missing last night, we seemed to lack a dynamism in the middle of the park, someone willing to play between  (the somewhat limited space) the lines or make runs beyond Dykes.