​​​​​​​ Greenock Morton v Dundee United  12/4/24 (on BBC Scotland)

Never realised so many opposition supporters disliked us so much. Kinda flattering.

Makes you wonder, though, what the response would be if any of our players actually did something heinous, which, as far as I can recall, hasn't actually happened this season. Not even once.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Never realised so many opposition supporters disliked us so much. Kinda flattering.

Makes you wonder, though, what the response would be if any of our players actually did something heinous, which, as far as I can recall, hasn't actually happened this season. Not even once.

just a shite way to play football mate

38 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

We were certainly shite on Friday night (although not so much the last time we played you)... but that doesn't begin to explain the ongoing hysteria about imaginary thuggery etc etc...

Just an observation from Fridays game you were lucky not to have 2 players sent off. Baird absolutely for stamping and Broadfoot wrestles United player to the ground. And the ridiculous amount of yellow cards Morton have picked up this season, way more than any other team, suggests its not hysteria that Morton are an over physical side. But that is Imrie style of play, perfectly entitled to play this way but don't get upset if other fans are not fans of it. 

image.jpeg.19cbf59b7053e0979319b111963e154d.jpeg

8 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Just an observation from Fridays game you were lucky not to have 2 players sent off. Baird absolutely for stamping and Broadfoot wrestles United player to the ground. And the ridiculous amount of yellow cards Morton have picked up this season, way more than any other team, suggests its not hysteria that Morton are an over physical side. But that is Imrie style of play, perfectly entitled to play this way but don't get upset if other fans are not fans of it. 

image.jpeg.19cbf59b7053e0979319b111963e154d.jpeg

Who's upset?

And it most definitely is hysteria.

I've seen a number of opposition players actually damage a Morton player... but I don't recall a single occasion where a Morton player has injured an opponent (haven't seen highlights, so won't comment on Baird).

Football's a competitive sport. If we were over the top, fair enough; but we're not, hence the question as to why so many have decided to get their knickers in a twist over it.

On 12/04/2024 at 15:01, Paisley Ton said:

While true of his first game no so at Airdrie and Ayr.

I have been to the three games he has now played. First game not very good and off the pace as expected as wasn't fully fit and rusty. Second game better but still needed to sharpen up and get some service.

Third game, further improved and went on some decent runs but after early booking had to hold back on physical challenges. Might have done better if Muirhead and Crawford had better games.

Feel a hattrick tonight would go down well.

He was holding his ribs at the end of the Ayr game, dont know if he picked up another knock in that game or still suffering the effects of the injury