Chelsea V Tottenham VAR audio released

I almost feel this should come with a warning. It really is scary seeing behind the curtain. The lengths they are going to to desperately find something wrong at every opportunity, regardless of how ridiculously small the margins are.

25 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

I almost feel this should come with a warning. It really is scary seeing behind the curtain. The lengths they are going to to desperately find something wrong at every opportunity, regardless of how ridiculously small the margins are.

Are you watching the same video?

For the offside check, the on-field decision was offside. Yes it was close, but the alternative to the close check is having VAR overrule an on-field decision based on "well it looks onside" - which strikes me as contrary to the position you're arguing.

For the penalty, there was no "find[ing] something wrong". It was a clear penalty and red card. The subsequent check of the attacking phase of play was, again, to ensure VAR wasn't trying to do something it shouldn't.

I think there's lots of things wrong with VAR, but there's very little wrong with that video. Yes it took a while, but that's because there was a lot happened, and ultimately they arrived at the correct decision. And not a "toenail offside" correct decision - it was very obviously the right outcome. 

1 hour ago, The Equalizer said:

You're 5 months late with this video mate, you can watch it here without half the screen cut off. The only thing wrong with this is that it should be shown live to TV viewers at the time.

Edited by Ginaro