Heart of Midlothian FC v Dundee FC 11/05/24

Defensive shambles again but McCracken has probably had his worst game for us today as well.

No man's land for the 2nd and absolutely should be saving the 3rd.

Karma for me touting him as a potential future Scotland prospect midweek.

Someone was saying to me that Dundee were intentionally that shite today, because they can’t play in Europe. Anyone know if that is true? I personally doubt it myself. Don’t remember them looking that half-hearted before though.

Anyway, nice result and all played in the Corinthian spirit, overall.

Well done Dundee, you were fine.

Thank you.

Tony Doherty said post match that it was never a 3-0 and thought it was fairly evenly matched. 

Not sure how he came about that conclusion?

It was the easiest game Hearts have faced at Tyncastle this season.

Hearts were good and Dundee were really rather poor.

Just need to keep telling myself 'thank christ we're safe' after hearing Doc claiming that was a good performance and was 'never a 3-0' so I don't start screaming at the screen. Just as much on holiday mentally as the rest of the players, pissed me right off.

6 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

Tony Doherty said post match that it was never a 3-0 and thought it was fairly evenly matched. 

Not sure how he came about that conclusion?

It was the easiest game Hearts have faced at Tyncastle this season.

Hearts were good and Dundee were really rather poor.

Probably because we are in contract negotiations with a lot of our group right not. Last thing he should do is needlessly bury them and piss them off.

But aye, we've been utterly woeful the past two games. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably because we are in contract negotiations with a lot of our group right not. Last thing he should do is needlessly bury them and piss them off.

But aye, we've been utterly woeful the past two games. 

It is relatively easy to loose every game post split at the top end, for any non OF team. 

39 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just need to keep telling myself 'thank christ we're safe' after hearing Doc claiming that was a good performance and was 'never a 3-0' so I don't start screaming at the screen. Just as much on holiday mentally as the rest of the players, pissed me right off.

Did you “steam in” at any point?

Thank you.

Dundee were poor but I thought we were really good. Kind of game it's easy to coast but we were well focused, created chances and dictated the play. 

Good goals from our point of view, the 2nd especially was excellent from Mckay, but we defended pretty solidly too.

Wee James Wilson looked the part with his appearance, had a food effort, worked hard, good touch and put himself about.

Posted (edited)

Piss easy three points and a lovely day in the sun.

Dundee's form hasn't really fallen off a cliff. They beat us early in the season when we were struggling and have one other win against St Mirren. I make it two wins against the top 8 (as it stands) this season. That apart, their season has been built on good results against bottom four teams. 

It's not really out of character for them to not be picking up many points againt teams in the top six. Their record in these fixtures has been pretty poor all season.

A fun day for Hearts, but who cares, really? Job done.

Edited by VincentGuerin

42 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Piss easy three points and a lovely day in the sun.

Dundee's form hasn't really fallen off a cliff. They beat us early in the season when we were struggling and have one other win against St Mirren. I make it two wins against the top 8 (as it stands) this season. That apart, their season has been built on good results against bottom four teams. 

It's not really out of character for them to not be picking up many points againt teams in the top six. Their record in these fixtures has been pretty poor all season.

A fun day for Hearts, but who cares, really? Job done.

A Dundee fun day :)