Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

I'd start Hamilton & Rudden, Dick, Murray & Corr as back 3, Matthews, Brown, Stanton, Byrne & Easton (if fit) in the middle. Stifle Dhanda and you cut the supply to Murray. Rudden & Hamilton are much more physical presences than Vaughan (found his level Thursday night, much work to do) who could come on late to give them the run around.

We need to play to our strengths and go up there with no pressure and enjoy the match

1 hour ago, lgb61 said:

I'd start Hamilton & Rudden, Dick, Murray & Corr as back 3, Matthews, Brown, Stanton, Byrne & Easton (if fit) in the middle. Stifle Dhanda and you cut the supply to Murray. Rudden & Hamilton are much more physical presences than Vaughan (found his level Thursday night, much work to do) who could come on late to give them the run around.

We need to play to our strengths and go up there with no pressure and enjoy the match

You want us to play to our strengths, while starting rudden and Hamilton ahead of our top scorer this season? Vaughan found his level being in a position he has rarely played since the days of Barry Smith in l1? Can I have some of what you're on please. 

Disappointed in our performance last night which was up there with one of our poorest all season but thought IM got his team selection and tactics wrong and not for the first time this season

When we play the ball on the deck we,re a good side,when we lump high aimless  balls back to front  we,re not.

Credit to County though,played some neat,tidy football although we allowed them to an extent,better than any team we have faced in the Championship this season so not too despondent

Only half time but need to improve on last night and if we get the 1st goal on Sunday you never know if they get it,curtains

No matter,we,ve had a great season

Posted (edited)

A lot of fans from both sides downplaying our chances in the 2nd leg. A dangerous game.  I'd understand it if County coasted to a 2 nil win but they were on their knees by the end. 

Anyway, it'll all come out in the wash on Sunday.

Edited by pantene proV

16 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Went to this one as a neutral, any county fans that can confirm or deny that the wee guy that got picked up and carried out was trying to headbutt stewards on the way out, looked like it from where I was😂

If you've got Facebook then the videos are below. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/qxgJm8ZzEZTowc1D/

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/QxgFFpUbF79Y2aF7/

He's absolutely lost the heed. 

Ross county looked a fair bit better football team than Raith, sad but true.The gap is obviously large between the divisions. 
Raith also looked a bit negatively set up in my opinion. Home team should have been having a go, mountain to climb now, 1 that I can’t see them climbing. 

While I think County will do it with a stronger team than Raith, I’m also sure that this County squad also have shown how they can give away goals and crumble under pressure. IF we replace White with Sims I feel we could blow Raith away early on, but I won’t be going to the game confident of staying up, fingers will be tightly crossed.

We will 100% let one in. We're far too brittle and Raith have too much firepower to not score.

10 minutes ago, Comrie said:

We will 100% let one in. We're far too brittle and Raith have too much firepower to not score.

In the final ten minutes no doubt.  Our inability to close out games is going to be our downfall at some point.   It just depends if we’ve scored before that.  

3 hours ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Wee tit, hope he gets banned.

County fans to the stewards-Big bullies he's only a wee boy..........hope you're proud of yourselves, fucking bullies....get aff him, fucking bullies, fucking bullies, fucking bully b*****ds.......

Raith fans as he's huckled by the police-Hahahaha, yeahhhhhhh, yeahhhhh, hahahaha, cheerio.......you fat b*****ds, you fat b*****d.........

🤣

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, grumswall said:

You want us to play to our strengths, while starting rudden and Hamilton ahead of our top scorer this season? Vaughan found his level being in a position he has rarely played since the days of Barry Smith in l1? Can I have some of what you're on please. 

I'd bring Vaughan on 2nd half after Rudden & Hamilton have run County ragged at the back and they can at least compete with their mahoosive CBs, and we do need to play to our strengths, humping long balls up to Vaughan or Hamilton on his own is not that. We still need to stifle that midfield though or they will run all over us like Thursday, we were chasing shadows.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain on Sunday, no point doing the same old stuff.

p.s. you don't want to be on what I'm on 😉

Edited by lgb61

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

I'd bring Vaughan on 2nd half after Rudden & Hamilton have run County ragged at the back and they can at least compete with their mahoosive CBs, and we do need to play to our strengths, humping long balls up to Vaughan or Hamilton on his own is not that. We still need to stifle that midfield though or they will run all over us like Thursday, we were chasing shadows.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain on Sunday, no point doing the same old stuff.

p.s. you don't want to be on what I'm on 😉

No way Hamilton is running anyone ragged. Sorry man. He’s been rotten all season. 

Hamilton is merely a poacher, not a ball player. The megre scraps he gets never come off. 

Edited by Stardog_champion

The truth is County will contain us and tighten up at the back and hang on. QoS did that quite easily when we played them in a play off. Just hope we keep the ball on the deck and limit the obvious clearances if we lump it forward. 

If Raith don’t start with a team broadly similar to the XI that finished on Thursday, I rather fear for them.  Hamilton isn’t going to trouble the County back three.  

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

The truth is County will contain us and tighten up at the back and hang on. QoS did that quite easily when we played them in a play off. Just hope we keep the ball on the deck and limit the obvious clearances if we lump it forward. 

Why would County do that?   They’ve got plenty of attacking threat to play their own game without resorting to parking the bus.  

Also, we love conceding late goals.  

21 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

No way Hamilton is running anyone ragged. Sorry man. He’s been rotten all season. 

Hamilton is merely a poacher, not a ball player. The megre scraps he gets never come off. 

Have you seen Hamilton running at a defence with the ball at his feet? He can beat a man and has plenty ability.

you haven’t a clue as usual!