Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

19 hours ago, 101 said:

I’m amazed anyone is surprised that a team who struggled to blow away even the shittest teams in the championship came up well short against a team that recently beat Rangers.

Agree with this. We were very good at digging out results but in terms of performance we rarely looked a class above any team in a match by match basis.

County were clearly better than anyone we played in the Championship and it would have taken a very favourable set of circumstances to beat them over two legs.

59 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Do Morten fans get on with anyone? 

They come across as permanently seething on this fine website. 

They don’t even like each other.

13 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Yes, I had noticed that. 

For me, they are easily the angriest support on P&B. 

Tbf, you would be angry if you supported Morton. 

No way the top league in Scotland is a closed shop, what a big pile of steaming pish @Jives Miguel

Dundee United have been involved in the play offs several times over the last decade and despite us having bigger budgets than the teams we ended up facing, we continually got pumped out of it because as a club, we were mismanaged from boardroom to the pitch. The likes of Livi beat Partick in recent times etc.

The only issue I have with the current set up is the number of rest days in between the games for the championship team, it's weighted in favour of the premiership team but at least It's a 100 times better than how it was in the past with the 1 up 1 down model. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

The only issue I have with the current set up is the number of rest days in between the games for the championship team, it's weighted in favour of the premiership team but at least It's a 100 times better than how it was in the past with the 1 up 1 down model. 

From 11 May, County played:

Sat, Wed, Sun, Thu, Sun

Raith Rovers didn't play on the weekend of Sat 11 May. They had 11 days between the end of the Champ campaign and the play-offs. Following the same sequence, they went:

Rest, Tue, Fri, Thu, Sun

It's not weighted in favour of the Premiership team, at least compared to the second-placed Championship team. Third and fourth placed teams should be at a disadvantage.

It's easy for me to say as a fan of the Premiership club who have won the play-offs in the last two seasons, but I have always thought the Premiership play-off system was as well balanced as it can reasonably be. I also think the 12-team format with the split is a good thing, if we are always going to be stuck with four OF matches a season.

Edited by bunglebonce