Group B 🇪🇸🇭🇷🇮🇹🇦🇱

I still think France would beat this Spanish side. Not as convincing at first glance, but Austria put up a sterner test than this Italian team. 

Edited by The Other Foot

What's going on this tournament with goal kicks? The number I've seen where you've got 2 defenders in the box, and one takes it to the goalie, or the goalie takes it to one of them. Baffling. 

5 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

What's going on this tournament with goal kicks? The number I've seen where you've got 2 defenders in the box, and one takes it to the goalie, or the goalie takes it to one of them. Baffling. 

It's so they can play out from the back, rather than lump it to the halfway line and lose possession.

6 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

It's quite on trend for the last few seasons, it's done to try induce a press which they hope to play around.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's so they can play out from the back, rather than lump it to the halfway line and lose possession.

Yeah,  but never seen it quite as regimented, with a defender basically on each corner of the 6 yard box. 

I don't see much live football, maybe I just never noticed as highlights will cut it out.

Edited by Forest_Fifer