Group F 🇹🇷🇬🇪🇵🇹🇨🇿

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Don’t remind me, the euros has been a great help in forgetting about the domestic basket case 

I have previously expressed my belief that international football should be abolished and all BRITISH clubs should withdraw from European competitions, but this Euros has been a good watch.

It doesn’t matter if it’s not deliberate, the ball went in off his hand. These commentators, fuck me.

Just now, TheScarf said:

It doesn’t matter if it’s not deliberate, the ball went in off his hand. These commentators, f**k me.

I think that’s the point they were making. It wasn’t deliberate, but it doesn’t matter. 

This  wee Georgian  winger is having a cracking game.  James Forrest should be forced to watch him on infinite loop.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Just now, The Master said:

I think that’s the point they were making. It wasn’t deliberate, but it doesn’t matter. 

If ruled deliberate, the guy would have been yellow carded, no?

1 minute ago, The Master said:

To me the way she said it sounded like she thought it should stand but maybe I misheard.

Just now, McGlovin' said:

If ruled deliberate, the guy would have been yellow carded, no?

Not necessarily. Deliberate handball isn’t an automatic yellow card. 

VAR overall in this tournament has been how it should be. Fairly quick assessment, ref informed, decision awarded, on with the game. None of this 5 minutes of VAR then another extended time calling the Ref over. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Apart from being diverted into the net?

The ball was diverted into the net because a shot was blootered off a keeper and back out at a yard's range. Unless the attacking player has adopted an anticipatory volleyball block or similar, the correct decision in that sporting contest should be a goal regardless of whether it rebounded off their arm, their forehead or their left bollock in the process. No sporting advantage was gained - so no penalty should occur. 

That rules were arbitrarily set before - and will be arbitrarily changed again soon enough - to try and turn handball into an objective decision is of absolutely no concern to me. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

The ball was diverted into the net because a shot was blootered off a keeper and back out at a yard's range. Unless the attacking player has adopted an anticipatory volleyball block or similar, the correct decision in that sporting contest should be a goal regardless of whether it rebounded off their arm, their forehead or their left bollock in the process. No sporting advantage was gained - so no penalty should occur. 

That rules were arbitrarily set before - and will be arbitrarily changed again soon enough - to try and turn handball into an objective decision is of absolutely no concern to me. 

That's a fair double down chief.