3. Partick
4. Dunfermline
5. Airdrie
6. Ayr
7. Falkirk
8. Hamilton
9. Morton
10. Queen's Park

Very very early but squad building so far I don't really see a team that we need to worry about. Partick and Raith both got put out the cup last season by one of the worst Livi teams I've seen in recent history. No doubt it'll be different in a league format though. 

IMO Davidson is a very average manager and his stint at St Johnstone shows that he wastes money whenever given a budget, 3 year deal on 32+ year old journeymen. He'll probably end up worse than last year. Hamilton will struggle too and Morton seem to go hot and cold with form. Falkirk/Ayr/Airdrie good enough to be midtable, not good enough to be anything beyond that, you could probably add Dunfermline into that too. 

Raith and Partick will probably be the biggest challenge for us but Brian Graham's legs can't last forever. Says a lot that those two clubs, plus us are chasing Shaun Byrne - that could end up be telling in the race for whoever gets him. 

I think so far we've managed to keep some proven Premiership quality players in guys like Montano, Tete Yengi, Stephen Kelly, Jamie Brandon, Pittman, who should all be a relative cut above this level. Recruited from a decent level, Prior in goals was playing in Ligue 1 not too long ago. Muirhead has banged goals in at this level with far worse guys than who we'll have supplying him. We just need to focus on some CMs and CBs to get the squad put together far ahead of time. 

47 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Very very early but squad building so far I don't really see a team that we need to worry about. 

Very early in the thread to be thinking about bookmarking, but here we are! Wild arrogance, from a fan of, checks notes, Livingston FC 

Surprised Tennis GIF

12 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Very early in the thread to be thinking about bookmarking, but here we are! Wild arrogance, from a fan of, checks notes, Livingston FC 

Surprised Tennis GIF

More so meaning 'worry about' in terms of we can't compete with. On the face of it we're coming down keeping some of our better players and are splashing a little bit of cash in getting some guys in. I wouldn't say I've seen anything in other teams for us to say we should be scared of them, but there's a long way to go in the window - that's not to say we're going to piss the league. We won't. 

Then again the last time an Airdrie fan accused us of being 'arrogant' we won League 1 at a canter :D 

Think there's a set of groups so far that's emerging in the league: 

Livi-Partick-Raith
Dunfermline-Airdrie-Ayr-Falkirk
Hamilton-Morton-Queen's Park

You could mix that up however you feel but IMO that's about right. We could end up fucking it, but we've as good a chance as anyone else does of doing so. 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

More so meaning 'worry about' in terms of we can't compete with. On the face of it we're coming down keeping some of our better players and are splashing a little bit of cash in getting some guys in. I wouldn't say I've seen 

It's a wonder that you've kept so many players, who are apparently Premiership quality and a cut above, and yet they were a part of an absolutely honking Premiership side. I get the off season optimism from fans, every player released was awful and won't be missed and every player brought in is an improvement. 

Your comments about Robbie Muirhead show allot about your knowledge of the level imo, you're right he scored goals in what might be a worse side, but what you're discounting is that Muirhead only got to that level after stinking it out at multiple different, and better sides. For all that he seems disliked I'd challenge anyone on the job that Imrie does in regards to making jobber players look better. Do I trust Martindale to do the same job? Nope. 

Livingston might do well, but there's also a reasonably large chance they stink the gaff up and I don't think many fans would be surprised. I wouldn't have them in the same tier as Raith and Partick, who it would be a real shock if they didn't finish in the top four. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

IMO Davidson is a very average manager and his stint at St Johnstone shows that he wastes money whenever given a budget, 3 year deal on 32+ year old journeymen. He'll probably end up worse than last year.

Fortunately he seems to have learnt from that; had every opportunity to extend Cillian Sheridan who did an incredible job for us last season, but the decision was taken not to based on his age. The longest contract he has given anyone since coming in is 2 years to a 21 year old (and it looks like great business, cause the boy's excellent).

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

1. Livi
2. Raith
3. Partick
4. Dunfermline
5. Airdrie
6. Ayr
7. Falkirk
8. Hamilton
9. Morton
10. Queen's Park

Very very early but squad building so far I don't really see a team that we need to worry about. Partick and Raith both got put out the cup last season by one of the worst Livi teams I've seen in recent history. No doubt it'll be different in a league format though. 

IMO Davidson is a very average manager and his stint at St Johnstone shows that he wastes money whenever given a budget, 3 year deal on 32+ year old journeymen. He'll probably end up worse than last year. Hamilton will struggle too and Morton seem to go hot and cold with form. Falkirk/Ayr/Airdrie good enough to be midtable, not good enough to be anything beyond that, you could probably add Dunfermline into that too. 

Raith and Partick will probably be the biggest challenge for us but Brian Graham's legs can't last forever. Says a lot that those two clubs, plus us are chasing Shaun Byrne - that could end up be telling in the race for whoever gets him. 

I think so far we've managed to keep some proven Premiership quality players in guys like Montano, Tete Yengi, Stephen Kelly, Jamie Brandon, Pittman, who should all be a relative cut above this level. Recruited from a decent level, Prior in goals was playing in Ligue 1 not too long ago. Muirhead has banged goals in at this level with far worse guys than who we'll have supplying him. We just need to focus on some CMs and CBs to get the squad put together far ahead of time. 

This post screams overly confident for a team that’s signed Robbie fkn Muirhead, if you didn’t know I’m happy he’s gone for good 

better hope this cockiness you’ve developed doesn’t come back & bite you in the arse, this is a very tough league I’ll be very surprised if you get out at first attempt, you may follow suit of some relegated prem sides ( *cough Inverness )  

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

It's a wonder that you've kept so many players, who are apparently Premiership quality and a cut above, and yet they were a part of an absolutely honking Premiership side. I get the off season optimism from fans, every player released was awful and won't be missed and every player brought in is an improvement. 

Your comments about Robbie Muirhead show allot about your knowledge of the level imo, you're right he scored goals in what might be a worse side, but what you're discounting is that Muirhead only got to that level after stinking it out at multiple different, and better sides. For all that he seems disliked I'd challenge anyone on the job that Imrie does in regards to making jobber players look better. Do I trust Martindale to do the same job? Nope. 

Livingston might do well, but there's also a reasonably large chance they stink the gaff up and I don't think many fans would be surprised. I wouldn't have them in the same tier as Raith and Partick, who it would be a real shock if they didn't finish in the top four. 

We've kept guys that are shite as well, like Shamal George, Michael Nottingham and are actively trying to keep Sean Kelly. I don't think saying guys like Tete Yengi and Stephen Kelly are a cut above your average Championship player is too outlandish.

You're right on Muirhead, he did fail at bigger clubs than Morton and at a higher level. The hope here is that he can kick on and continue the growth he's shown as a player. Could easily just fall out with Martindale and end out on loan in January. Martindale's made a big of a career off of making jobbers looking relatively decent at Premiership level and had Imrie in as a coach before he went to Morton. Sean Kelly being the main example of it, released by League 1 Falkirk at the time and he's gone on to play CM/LB/CB at Premiership level (to limited success). 

Martindale saying we've got a top 4 budget in the league has me a bit more confident than I was at first, given that we should be at the top end of the table fighting to win the league. Raith and Partick in the cup games we played weren't overly impressive to me, but maybe that's going to be different in a league setting. Given that's who we're competing with financially (for this year before parachute payments and Euro payments go away), I'd say we should be in and around there. If we don't get straight back up then the finances get drained a bit and we're comfortably mid to lower table in terms of budgets alone.

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

This post screams overly confident for a team that’s signed Robbie fkn Muirhead, if you didn’t know I’m happy he’s gone for good 

better hope this cockiness you’ve developed doesn’t come back & bite you in the arse, this is a very tough league I’ll be very surprised if you get out at first attempt, you may follow suit of some relegated prem sides ( *cough Inverness )  

It's not cockiness, just basing it off of budgets. Every chance we do f**k it with a good budget in this league - I agree it's a very tough and cutthroat league. We have a decent advantage in the Euro payments giving us a bigger chunk of cash for this season alone. IMO Muirhead will do well for us, but could easily just stink the place out too.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Fortunately he seems to have learnt from that; had every opportunity to extend Cillian Sheridan who did an incredible job for us last season, but the decision was taken not to based on his age. The longest contract he has given anyone since coming in is 2 years to a 21 year old (and it looks like great business, cause the boy's excellent).

Here's hoping for your sake then, I think it's taken St Johnstone a few years to fully shake off the damage he did with those kind of deals

Edited by ATLIS

1. Livingston 

2. Partick 

3. Raith 

4. Dunfermline 

5. Ayr

6. Falkirk

7. Queens Park 

8. Airdrie

9. Morton

10. Hamilton

Too early for any logical guessing so based on vibes.

Hard to extrapolate from one cup game but my recollection of the Livi game was that Nouble (who's obvs gone) did the vast majority of the damage, we couldn't cope with them at set pieces despite us being quite a big team physically, and we didn't help things by taking off Graham and Lawless at 2-0 up. In fact the team we finished ET with would struggle to stay up in this league.

That said, agree with guys like Kelly being very good for this level and I'd be surprised if Livi aren't favourites when the odds come out, especially given a relegated team going back up the last 4 years (and 5 of last 6).

At this stage I think there's a couple of teams who can't win it, but absolutely anyone could be relegated if it goes tits up.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Hard to extrapolate from one cup game but my recollection of the Livi game was that Nouble (who's obvs gone) did the vast majority of the damage, we couldn't cope with them at set pieces despite us being quite a big team physically, and we didn't help things by taking off Graham and Lawless at 2-0 up. In fact the team we finished ET with would struggle to stay up in this league.

That said, agree with guys like Kelly being very good for this level and I'd be surprised if Livi aren't favourites when the odds come out, especially given a relegated team going back up the last 4 years (and 5 of last 6).

At this stage I think there's a couple of teams who can't win it, but absolutely anyone could be relegated if it goes tits up.

As a side note, Brian Graham really reminds me of Lee Miller from our promotion run last time in the Championship. Big, older striker who's up front just giving it his all and getting battered around in doing so. Class is still there, hopefully for you guys he's got another season of that level in him. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

1. Livi
2. Raith
3. Partick
4. Dunfermline
5. Airdrie
6. Ayr
7. Falkirk
8. Hamilton
9. Morton
10. Queen's Park

Might as well give Livvy the trophy now then!

Shocked at the over confidence here. You may well be right but Hamilton kept some of their good players when they got relegated and look what happened to them.

Teams have jumped straight back up, but much bigger teams with much bigger supports and most of them struggled to do so.  I'd honestly be amazed if you win it.

I'm also in the happy to see Muirhead move on camp. Will be interesting to see how he does with you.

Anyway, hopefully the rest of us can fight it out for 2nd. 

Enjoy trophy day.

Edited by madton

Tried to put a prediction together and kept changing my mind. League is going to be really competitive and toght again this year. At this moment in time I couldn't blame anyone for putting us in the bottom 2. Thankfully plenty of time to add to squads.

I do think Partick, Raith and Ayr  will be up there challenging.  Livingstone and Falkirk could be there too. 

Not going to bother doing the whole league just now but I'd expect the top two to be Raith and Partick.  Take your pick from the remaining teams for the playoffs.  You'd think Falkirk coming off the back of an undefeated season will have a good promotion bounce and be up in the top half and maybe Livi too if they use their parachute payment well on recruitment.

As for us we're going into our 150th Anniversary season so a relegation battle is obviously imminent 🤣

Happy to see everyone tipping Morton to go down again, and look forward to your gloating after the first third of the season.

We'll just sword every c**t in the middle third again.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

some proven Premiership quality players in guys like Montano, Tete Yengi, Stephen Kelly, Jamie Brandon, Pittman

To be fair some decent players there so every right to think you’ll be challenging for the title.

I do 100% think it’s got to happen this coming season though.

Factor in a moneybags St Johnstone or Ross County coming down the following season and loss of your euro payment you’ll find yourself back at a more natural level. Which for me certainly isn’t a premiership or top end Championship side. 

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

To be fair some decent players there so every right to think you’ll be challenging for the title.

I do 100% think it’s got to happen this coming season though.

Factor in a moneybags St Johnstone or Ross County coming down the following season and loss of your euro payment you’ll find yourself back at a more natural level. Which for me certainly isn’t a premiership or top end Championship side. 

Yeah, it's only this upcoming season that we're going to have the bigger financial advantage (compared to usual). Without it, it'll be a tough one in this league. Natural level for us is probably bottom to mid end of the Championship I think. 

If it doesn't happen this season it'll take a bit of a minor miracle for us to go up. Maybe sneaking a playoff run or something similar.