Boness United 2024/25

I said "piss poor" but credit should go to Clydebank for their work rate and execution. Nobody could argue that they were not the better side by some distance.

Defensively we were weak.

In midfield we were sluggish.

Up front we were toothless.

But the biggest problem is we didn't look or play like a team.

Games like today keep the BU faithful grounded I suppose.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I said "piss poor" but credit should go to Clydebank for their work rate and execution. Nobody could argue that they were not the better side by some distance.

Was that your full team today?

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

“Food for thought “ as they say.  A few missing, Irving, McAulay, Duffy but Clydebank were very sharp, moved the ball well. We were awful with a lot of first touches being a pass. However, early days for management to sort it out.

12 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Was that your full team today?

No that was our B team.  The main squad are away playing Brazilian teams just now.

..........I wish !!!

We lost 3 first choice players over the summer. A top keeper, big experienced striker and a stylish (or should that be stylist !!) defender. Quality that has maybe not been replaced.

Today we were also missing a new  centrehalf we signed from Civil Service Strollers who we haven't yet seen, Danny Irving who is a good defensive player, Keir Macaulay who is a really good left back.   So 3 defensive players missing but going forward you saw us at our current full strength.  

Could be a tough season for us.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Warren Furnace and the other Dublin-Green on.   

Hamilton and Porteous off.

Dublin-Green was at Linlithgow for a while looked raw / but just a youngster.

28 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

I notice that no one was listed as a trialist in that squad on the BU twitter. Could the Dublin-Green brothers have signed?

Somina was rotten at Rose.

My 1st visit 2 boness ends in a good 1 for my team. We played very well and I expected more off boness tbh but only pre season and am sure use will pick up. Also very impressed with ur ground throw in a couple of hundred seats and that's a very good league 1-2 ground. All the best

Mon the papers

2 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

I notice that no one was listed as a trialist in that squad on the BU twitter. Could the Dublin-Green brothers have signed?

Possibly but my understanding is you can publish the name of the trialists on social media and match reports.   The reason clubs list them as "trialist" is to avoid alerting other clubs as to who is available and under consideration.

9 hours ago, passbackdave said:

My 1st visit 2 boness ends in a good 1 for my team. We played very well and I expected more off boness tbh but only pre season and am sure use will pick up. Also very impressed with ur ground throw in a couple of hundred seats and that's a very good league 1-2 ground. All the best

Mon the papers

The ground is one thing BU can’t take credit for .

I like Mitchell for his speed, skill and goals. He is a smashing player but he needs someone closer to him who can take the ball in and hold it up.    That someone could be Ryan Porteous who is wasted out wide.

On 06/07/2024 at 15:06, seenitall said:

Threadbare squad at the moment , all those weeks off and very little progress on capable players to win the league .

The players they want are probably outside our budget. They had 14 of last seasons squad signed up so probably wanted another four to improve the squad.

Just have to be patient.

28 minutes ago, boheesian said:

The players they want are probably outside our budget. They had 14 of last seasons squad signed up so probably wanted another four to improve the squad.

Just have to be patient.

So you reckon 18 players required ?

If that’s the case then we should forget about Junior Cup as squad is just not big enough .

I would reckon 20-22 players to take in all the games we potentially could have , as we will have injuries / suspensions to work around .

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

So you reckon 18 players required ?

If that’s the case then we should forget about Junior Cup as squad is just not big enough .

I would reckon 20-22 players to take in all the games we potentially could have , as we will have injuries / suspensions to work around .

Sorry, should have added that Hamilton & Rutherford could be signed should their fitness be up to scratch. We have added Campbell & Duffy  so that would give us 18. 
Your right we need 20/22