Boness United 2024/25

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Season ticket £150

Concession.    £100

Club membership £10

Wow , so at £6 per concession you get a massive £2 discount over entire season if you manage to get to 17 matches .

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Season ticket £150

Concession.    £100

Club membership £10

Discounts will depend on the per match prices.

If Full price is £10 (£170) then you save £20.  If Full price is £9 (£153) it's a meagre £3.

As for concessions if admission is £7 (£119) then you save £19.    If concession is £6 (£102) it's a meagre £2.  

So looks like admission price for single games will be £10 and £7........anyone heard anything to the contrary ?

29 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Discounts will depend on the per match prices.

If Full price is £10 (£170) then you save £20.  If Full price is £9 (£153) it's a meagre £3.

As for concessions if admission is £7 (£119) then you save £19.    If concession is £6 (£102) it's a meagre £2.  

So looks like admission price for single games will be £10 and £7........anyone heard anything to the contrary ?

Well if it is £7 rather than £6 for concessions that is a 40% rise when numbers are dwindling anyway .

Not the most sensible idea if it is that .

When I posted the "looks like" admission prices those £10/£7 predictions were based on roughly matching the season ticket savings from previous seasons.  

Hopefully someone in the know can keep us informed.

Just now, Deanburn Dave said:

When I posted the "looks like" admission prices those £10/£7 predictions were based on roughly matching the season ticket savings from previous seasons.  

Hopefully someone in the know can keep us informed.

Whatever it is taking concession as the benchmark it’s either

£2 saving if you buy a season ticket or there’s a 40% increase in admission .

Season Tickets - £150.00 and £100 concession. Admission - £10.00 and £7.00 concession. League games only Official notification in next day or so.  Season tickets on sale at Newtown Park on Thursday from 7.00pm and prior to Saturday's match. Also available from Treasure Chest sellers at Tesco

31 minutes ago, John S said:

Season Tickets - £150.00 and £100 concession. Admission - £10.00 and £7.00 concession. League games only Official notification in next day or so.  Season tickets on sale at Newtown Park on Thursday from 7.00pm and prior to Saturday's match. Also available from Treasure Chest sellers at Tesco

Well a 40% increase will have to be justified on the park , no pressure , because if it’s not then we know what’s going to happen .

This will reduce crowds even further as most of the fan base are well over 21 !!!

Was driving past Newtown Park yesterday and noticed thick wooden posts sticking up around the old toilet block.

Are they putting up a mini covered enclosure for the Ultras (hurrah) ........or putting up a fence to stop them climbing on top of the old toilet block (boo to the killjoys) ?

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Was driving past Newtown Park yesterday and noticed thick wooden posts sticking up around the old toilet block.

Are they putting up a mini covered enclosure for the Ultras (hurrah) ........or putting up a fence to stop them climbing on top of the old toilet block (boo to the killjoys) ?

That’s the stand for the bronze licence 

13 hours ago, seenitall said:

Whatever it is taking concession as the benchmark it’s either

£2 saving if you buy a season ticket or there’s a 40% increase in admission .

Look, the club needs to keep financially viable. If a couple of quid extra (whatever percentage that is) a week helps; then so be it. The committee is not trying to screw us, it’s bringing us in line with the majority. The effort they put into fundraising, standing in the pissing rain to sell raffle tickets, running the treasure chest etc I don’t think it’s malicious putting up the entrance. I will put my hand up and say last year I got really good value for money. Year before…….., but that’s football. Posts on here saying we need a striker or whatever, we need to pay them. And no I’m not on the committee.

13 minutes ago, Costa Crookies said:

Look, the club needs to keep financially viable. If a couple of quid extra (whatever percentage that is) a week helps; then so be it. The committee is not trying to screw us, it’s bringing us in line with the majority. The effort they put into fundraising, standing in the pissing rain to sell raffle tickets, running the treasure chest etc I don’t think it’s malicious putting up the entrance. I will put my hand up and say last year I got really good value for money. Year before…….., but that’s football. Posts on here saying we need a striker or whatever, we need to pay them. And no I’m not on the committee.

The point I’m making is that it is a 40% increase on pensioners who have had an 8% or so increase in pension , so the maths don’t tally .

Most of the support now fall into that category and this will ultimately reduce crowds making the increase financially unsound .

Some guys just rely on state pension .

Thats my view and I’m sticking to it .

31 minutes ago, seenitall said:

The point I’m making is that it is a 40% increase on pensioners who have had an 8% or so increase in pension , so the maths don’t tally .

Most of the support now fall into that category and this will ultimately reduce crowds making the increase financially unsound .

I would imagine that there will be next to no guys who rely solely on the State pension.

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

Is 40%, of a small number, 8% of a much bigger one. Our local Chinese takeaway doubled their prices overnight. They put the forks up from 10p to 20p.

1 hour ago, Costa Crookies said:

Is 40%, of a small number, 8% of a much bigger one. Our local Chinese takeaway doubled their prices overnight. They put the forks up from 10p to 20p.

Aye but you have a choice with season tickets same as forks lol. Take it or leave it.

23 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Aye but you have a choice with season tickets same as forks lol. Take it or leave it.

Could be back to climbing the wall or sneaking under the turnstile. Though I think both of these would be beyond me now. Though you are wrong- take it or leave it is not an option.

3 hours ago, Costa Crookies said:

Thanks, you saved me the bother. It’s our Club and it needs our support.