Boness United 2024/25

VICTORY 

The BU's won the toss and Captain Kyle Johnston chose to play with the wind first half.  That was an inspired choice as the wind fell significantly in the second half.

BU's the better team by a distance today. We should have been 4 or 5 up.  Liam Campbell beaten by a deflected shot after a decent game.

3 valuable points.

Referee was rotten.  Albion Rovers players should have had 3 yellow cards in first 10 minutes but referee was allowing them free hits  and ignoring shoves and pushes.  Linesman ignored an elbow to Stenhouse as well.

MOTM ??  Porteous, Macaulay and Rutherford were all very good but MOTM for me was Kyle Johnston.

Kyle has every tool in the box as a footballer. Hopefully today he set his standard for the rest of the season.

Hunter can be very satisfied with that team performance today.

Mon the BU's !!!

44 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Brilliant performance today, Albion Rovers offered absolutely nothing.

Apart from some wasted chances in the second - half by us.

Edited by boheesian

7 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Musa to ICT confirmed.

Happy for Musa that he got the move he wanted, straight onto ICTs bench today as well. Gutted we didn't get another season with him but he does deserve the chance higher up the pyramid 

Just now, bigwullieac said:

Happy for Musa that he got the move he wanted, straight onto ICTs bench today as well. Gutted we didn't get another season with him but he does deserve the chance higher up the pyramid 

Just miss his presence in the penalty box. However, we wish him well.

Any news of Kieran Mitchell? Encouraging to see the team settling into their stride. More like last season today. Great team performance shown by the number of players that could be picked as man of the match. Onwards and upwards.

22 minutes ago, rockson said:

Would that be clique? (Not cleek.)

To be fair I am cringing that we let that Albion Rovers team score.

Though the cleek is just me since I go solo.

Edited by Nicholas Rage

1 hour ago, Costa Crookies said:

Any news of Kieran Mitchell? 

The curse of speedsters is often Hamstring injuries.  Several times in games Kieran has held the back of his leg before going off. Today appeared to be the same.   

To be honest I was surprised he started today given that at Tranent he was just doing some running (nowhere near sprinting).

He is a good player and hopefully he bounces back in a few weeks.

21 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The curse of speedsters is often Hamstring injuries.  Several times in games Kieran has held the back of his leg before going off. Today appeared to be the same.   

To be honest I was surprised he started today given that at Tranent he was just doing some running (nowhere near sprinting).

He is a good player and hopefully he bounces back in a few weeks.

Thanks for the update, thought it was hamstrings, just wondered how bad it was, and how long he would be out again. He really makes a difference when he plays.

Edited by Costa Crookies

21 minutes ago, blue 8 said:

I think bu are starting to play as a team look good today the more they play together the better they Will get in hunts we trust

Agree........but there is probably still no First 11 that the BU faithful would agree on.   

Porteous moving into the centre has given us more of a physical presence.  For me his best position is 10.......and he makes a decent 9.