Linlithgow Rose 2024/25

Gary Thom's testimonial vs Motherwell this evening. With the weather and the Euros semi I hope there's still a big turn out of support for Gary. He's been with us through some pretty lean years and a few great ones. Dust off your winter coats and get along 😁

1 hour ago, Black Dug said:

Gary Thom's testimonial vs Motherwell this evening. With the weather and the Euros semi I hope there's still a big turn out of support for Gary. He's been with us through some pretty lean years and a few great ones. Dust off your winter coats and get along 😁

Not be the wisest choice of dates for the guy .

Was hoping for a bigger crowd to honour a club legend and with Premiership opposition, but the weather really was appalling.

Wild to see Conor McKenzie up against a guy with 26 caps for Scotland.

Anybody know who the trialists were?

A booking in those circumstances sounds about right for 1980.    Sadly it would almost certainly be a red these days.       

Too many "by the book" officials would see it as a violent action instead of a bit of banter.

12 hours ago, Rosey1889 said:

Still in France, how we looking after pre season.

20 players played yesterday. Missing were Allison and Webb out long term plus Skinner, Shyngle and Thom. Hopefully they will be back next week. Baxter back in 2 or 3 weeks 

Played well yesterday and some of the subs did well enough to give the manager a tough time picking a squad for next week.

16 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fuzzy,  based on the friendlies what's your thinking.......are the Rose better, worse or roughly the same as this time last year ?

Look better. Bigger squad and only 3.injured.  This time last season I think it was 8. 

A bit more physicality with Comerford at the back and Nicholson and Brown up front. 

Skinner and Paterson are like new signings after missing a lot of last season.

Also like we have 6 young lads who can play but have a bit of dig about them as well - Henderson, McMartin , Rae, McDowell, Maguire and Nicholson.

Think we will need to trim 2 or 3 from squad though as 26 seems a lot.

Edited by FuzzyBear

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fuzzy, yes 26 players is a bit extravagant ......unless you have access to East Kilbride's slush fund.

Liam Allison is not taking a wage when injured which is a great gesture but still need to get shot of 2 or 3.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Liam Allison is not taking a wage when injured which is a great gesture but still need to get shot of 2 or 3.

Totally agree, a good pre season which should've been enough to make decisions on who to trim from the squad to a more manageable number.

8 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Totally agree, a good pre season which should've been enough to make decisions on who to trim from the squad to a more manageable number.

The decision might have been made but not always easy to get rid of the ones you want if they don't want to go.

Squad of 24 with Webb out for the season and Liam still struggling.

Cant see many leaving.

I don’t see Baxter getting in the team so can see him leaving and potentially a loan or two but I think we are probably about ready.

Would like to see some LB/CB cover but I guess we are hoping Liam does that if/when fit.