Linlithgow Rose 2024/25

🌹🌹 SIGNING NEWS 🌹🌹

The Club is excited to announce the signing of experienced centre back Craig McCracken from Auchinleck Talbot.

Manager Gordon Herd commented:

“We are delighted Craig has agreed to join the Club and he will strengthen the options available to us across the back line”

Subject to SFA approval, Craig will be added to the squad for tomorrow night’s East of Scotland Qualifying Cup tie against Haddington Athletic.

Welcome to The MV Commercial Prestonfield Stadium Craig!

FB_IMG_1722278461022.jpg

Huffed and puffed our way to a 4-0 victory over 9 man Haddington.

Goals from McGiff, Patterson, Devine and McCracken on his debut.

Started with 7 changes from Saturday and with no natural full backs.  Must admit not a fan of such wholesale changes and would rather see us start our strongest 11.

But hey ho we got there.

Much better when subs came on but could be because they were down to 10 men. Don't mind a bit of rotation when playing 2 games a week on solid pitches.

McMartin looks very decent at right back and think he has played there before.

2 games in and Stuart McDowell is already receiving huge plaudits at Beechwood. If he can keep these performances up, then you have a very exciting player on your hands. He can’t be too far from your First Team 

On 01/08/2024 at 08:00, Dislocated Boy said:

Well that was quite impressive. 6 quality goals and Broxburn never at the races. Will be good to see the highlights as looked like 2 poor penalty decisions.

Some stunning stuff in an excellent 1st half with each Linlithgow goal better than one before.

Comerford and McCracken look like they have the makings of an excellent partnership.

I think yesterdays mantra was that "we don't do tap ins!"

I was a tad fearful that it would be a tough game but we came roaring out the blocks and took the game by scruff of the neck from the start.

Better shape and balance to the team so now we need to keep that going.

Sean Brown maybe didn't get a hat-trick but he scored THAT goal and had parts in two other with delicate touches. 

What I liked about the performance is that they played as a team. Let's hope they can continue like that when they meet tougher opposition. I expected more from Broxburn, as EoS champs, but it's early days for them.

Rose should have been 3 or 4 up ar half time but Hearts dominated the 2nd. 3 goalkeeping mistakes in last 10 mins. One from MacDonald to put Rose 3-2 up and then 2 from Binnie cost Rose the game.

Not sure I'd say 2 errors from Cammy, youngsters fitness and our not taking chances in 1st half cost us, although officials won't reflect that this was their finest game.

Devine growing with every game which is good news.  Onwards and upwards!

3 minutes ago, Findla22 said:

Totally embarrassing from Linlithgow tonight! I thought we had turned a corner but clearly not!😔🤷🏻‍♂️

Poor post Findla22, hopefully a knee jerk reaction to disappointment.  1st half we were excellent and absolutely dominated, but second half hearts got on top and full time fitness told.

We need 90 minute performances which are coming. 

Definitely 1 error from Binnie, 2 is harsh to say. If Binnie doesn't slip in the build up to the 3rd goal then I think Linlithgow would have hung on. 

The Hearts youngsters full time fitness told in the final 20 minutes. 

Would love to know what Andy Webster, Christophe Berra and Paul Gallacher thought of the youngsters performance as all 3 were at the game.