Premier Sports TV Deal

32 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It seems like Celtic are getting a lot of praise for ‘putting the fans first’ here. 

If it was happening in the corresponding fixture at Pittodrie, Aberdeen would be hounded for denying Celtic fans the opportunity to watch the game. 

That comes under, that's different. 

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

In a way I don't care. I think games on a Friday night, Any time Saturday and maybe a 1230pm on a Sunday is fair game. 

If we got a very decent TV deal and there was 3 or 4 games out the 6 on telly over these times I'd be delighted.

I don't see why we don't just leave the TV blackout and sell all the games to TV for the top two leagues, I don't think it would impact attendances.  

Spoiler

Something like

Friday: 

C - 18:00 - 1 game

P - 19:45 - 1 game 

Saturday: 

C - 2 - 2/3 games

P - 4 - 2/3 games

Sunday: 

C - 2 - 1/2 games

P - 4 - 2/3 games

Last two weeks of the season 

C - 2pm Saturday then Sunday

P - 4pm Sunday then Saturday 

Edited by itzdrk

I don't blame Celtic for doing what's best for them. If the other clubs have agreed to a deal where Celtic can get paid without taking part, that's on them. I guess Celtic can't decline any if their remaining, non Sky, away games though so will be included for them. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I don't think a domestic match should be rescheduled to a time where fans cannot return home via public transport after the game (public transport should be better as well). 

For me somewhere on a Saturday between probably 2 & 5:30 is the ideal kick off time for enjoying your day but I don't really mind any of the times we've been scheduled.

I do dislike a Friday night the most, feels like you are in a rush all day. 

This is a very good point

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I forgot to check with you whether you;

a) made it to Pittodrie last Sunday?

b) if you did, did you last in the ground until the final whistle?

a) Made it in about ten past three.

b) I did! So enthused was I by Hearts' improved performance that I gave it right to the end.

22 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the 'tradition' of the 3pm kicks offs in 2024 anymore?

I understand why they were set at that in the first place, but the world has changed now.  There are just as many folk that can't make 3pm on a Saturday due to work commitments as can't make Sunday at 12.30pm, or 7.45pm on a Wednesday, etc

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I don't think a domestic match should be rescheduled to a time where fans cannot return home via public transport after the game (public transport should be better as well). 

For me somewhere on a Saturday between probably 2 & 5:30 is the ideal kick off time for enjoying your day but I don't really mind any of the times we've been scheduled.

I do dislike a Friday night the most, feels like you are in a rush all day. 

I like a Saturday 3pm as it suits me in terms of travel etc, but I'm not arguing there's anything particularly magical about that time slot.

The issue is how many timeslots do you want to have and  how often do you want to change between them?

@itzdrk's suggested schedule above would make our tv deal more valuable, but would be an absolute nightmare for fans in terms of knowing when games were going to be and whether you could attend them?

People have other things in their lives. Jobs, partners, kids, other hobbies etc.

At the moment every matchgoing supporter in Scotland has a general habit that makes it easy to plan your life in terms of football.

Old Firm: Home games generally Sat/Sun 3pm - Away games generally Sat/Sun lunchtime.

Non-OF Premiership: Home games generally Sat/Sun 3pm unless playing OF - Away games generally Sat/Sun 3pm

Championship and below: Basically Sat 3pm except occasional BBC Friday/Sat evening games.

That stability makes for good crowds and better atmospheres etc. If you suddenly start saying to fans that games are going to switch between Friday evening one week, Sunday lunchtime the next week, Saturday evening the following week, then Saturday lunchtime after that and will all be televised, you'll definitely chip away at attendances.

People's partners would put the foot down and other plans would get in the way. It's just not manageable to ask people to manage their lives around a constantly changing schedule of football matches. I genuinely think after a season of it people would be on here moaning about how shite it was.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I like a Saturday 3pm as it suits me in terms of travel etc, but I'm not arguing there's anything particularly magical about that time slot.

The issue is how many timeslots do you want to have and  how often do you want to change between them?

@itzdrk's suggested schedule above would make our tv deal more valuable, but would be an absolute nightmare for fans in terms of knowing when games were going to be and whether you could attend them?

People have other things in their lives. Jobs, partners, kids, other hobbies etc.

At the moment every matchgoing supporter in Scotland has a general habit that makes it easy to plan your life in terms of football.

Old Firm: Home games generally Sat/Sun 3pm - Away games generally Sat/Sun lunchtime.

Non-OF Premiership: Home games generally Sat/Sun 3pm unless playing OF - Away games generally Sat/Sun 3pm

Championship and below: Basically Sat 3pm except occasional BBC Friday/Sat evening games.

That stability makes for good crowds and better atmospheres etc. If you suddenly start saying to fans that games are going to switch between Friday evening one week, Sunday lunchtime the next week, Saturday evening the following week, then Saturday lunchtime after that and will all be televised, you'll definitely chip away at attendances.

People's partners would put the foot down and other plans would get in the way. It's just not manageable to ask people to manage their lives around a constantly changing schedule of football matches. I genuinely think after a season of it people would be on here moaning about how shite it was.

I actually totally agree on the not knowing part, I'd be against it if there wasn't at least 8 weeks (preferably more) notice provided for the fixture not taking place in the Saturday slot.