Guests in the Junior Cup

8 minutes ago, Shannon said:

There is still way too much division, bias and hatred for the Juniors and Junior Cup from some on here it's mental. Just all get your heads together and arrange a proper Scottish Junior Cup / SFA Trophy for the Scottish non league teams from tier 5 down instead of being stuck in your anti Junior / pro Junior positions. Is it really too much to ask?

So you still think it's a worthy  competition? 

No hatred or anti juniors from me.

How many clubs play in it nowadays ? 

Is it the same number every year or are numbers dwindling?

I can mind when the semis were neutral and the final was live on STV. Them were the days nowhere near that now. 

The pyramid has came in for the better of the game and that's what clubs focuses should be on now,not trying to  spark a competition that's lost its flame getting played for by clubs basically from Ayrshire and the North. 

18 minutes ago, Shannon said:

There is still way too much division, bias and hatred for the Juniors and Junior Cup from some on here it's mental. Just all get your heads together and arrange a proper Scottish Junior Cup / SFA Trophy for the Scottish non league teams from tier 5 down instead of being stuck in your anti Junior / pro Junior positions. Is it really too much to ask?

There is no appetite for a national non-league cup from clubs, the question has been asked of the leagues.  HL, LL, SoS and EoS were not interested, the latter three satisfied with the South Challenge Cup.  Only the WoS needs their Junior comfort blanket.

24 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There is no appetite for a national non-league cup from clubs, the question has been asked of the leagues.  HL, LL, SoS and EoS were not interested, the latter three satisfied with the South Challenge Cup.  Only the WoS needs their Junior comfort blanket.

Why have a few East clubs decided to take part again this year then if no interest? Way too much politics involved and entrenched anti Junior / West views. Just get round a table and get a proper non league Scotland cup competition sorted instead of having two that should be far better than they are.

33 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I can mind when the semis were neutral and the final was live on STV. Them were the days nowhere near that now. 

The pyramid has came in for the better of the game and that's what clubs focuses should be on now,not trying to  spark a competition that's lost its flame getting played for by clubs basically from Ayrshire and the North. 

There were 112 clubs last season and it looks like at least 10 more new clubs this season. It's not as it was in 1950s-1980s and will never get back there but there should be a premier cup competition and with all teams in tier 5 down bar the Highland League who seemingly have no interest at moment for this due to travel etc. It's still a competition that gets more fair weather fans through the gate than anything else bar The Scottish Cup.

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

Why have a few East clubs decided to take part again this year then if no interest? Way too much politics involved and entrenched anti Junior / West views. Just get round a table and get a proper non league Scotland cup competition sorted instead of having two that should be far better than they are.

You'd need to ask them, beats me, the logic makes absolutely no sense.

As people have already pointed out, there is little interest (or money) in an all-in non-league cup.

28 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You'd need to ask them, beats me, the logic makes absolutely no sense.

As people have already pointed out, there is little interest (or money) in an all-in non-league cup.

When it comes to Dunipace and Sauchie. I do wonder which came first: The Stirlingshire Cup return and no one bothering to ask or applying to the SJC.

10 hours ago, Shannon said:

but there should be a premier cup competition and with all teams in tier 5 down bar the Highland League who seemingly have no interest at moment for this due to travel etc.

Its not just the Highland. There's the South and NCL. A disinterest shared by the SJFA as they are two leagues that add nothing but travel with the costs that come with it.

12 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

The Junior Cup cup final is still shown live on tv. The sponsorship is away above any cup competitions in non league football This year the prizes were.   winners £20000 runners up £10000, semifinal losers £5000, quarter final losers £500                                             

4 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The sponsorship is away above any cup competitions in non league football                                    

How would anyone know what Clydebuilt were putting in? Even then the couple of updates the SJFA have given so far for the new season is without any sponsorship.

The prize money hasn't anything to do with the sponsors or TV deal. Its the 15% off the games. The 50% from the two-legged semi-finals and whatever it is from the final. All hoping the SJFA don't have to dip into their savings.

12 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Over 100 clubs participated last year from West of Scotland league.midland league,North region and a few from EOS it will increase this year as Bo,ness United.Dunipace,Inverkeithing,Camelon and Sauchie have entered

2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

The Junior Cup cup final is still shown live on tv. The sponsorship is away above any cup competitions in non league football This year the prizes were.   winners £20000 runners up £10000, semifinal losers £5000, quarter final losers £500                                             

So basically over 100 teams unless get a glamour home tie are out of pocket  before reaching last 8 ? 

Do the SFA pay supplements for buses in Scottish Cup? 

2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Over 100 clubs participated last year from West of Scotland league.midland league,North region and a few from EOS it will increase this year as Bo,ness United.Dunipace,Inverkeithing,Camelon and Sauchie have entered

I know, but it's not appealing to the majority of non-league clubs.  160+ in the South Challenge Cup, which should be the focus for everyone south of Dundee.

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

So basically over 100 teams unless get a glamour home tie are out of pocket  before reaching last 8 ? 

Do the SFA pay supplements for buses in Scottish Cup? 

If the only thing that football was about was making money out of it, there wouldn't be any football at any level.

2 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

If the only thing that football was about was making money out of it, there wouldn't be any football at any level.

Its not about making money though,You have to have a wee bit to compete in it. Even clubs at the bottom end need money. It's not all about the top end of non league? 

What's the incentive for smaller clubs to join a cup thats had its day and most probably lose money? 

Would be great to have an all in Scottish Cup for non league clubs but that's not happening anytime soon. 

The South Challenge Cup for now remains the prime cup for South teams. 

17 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Why go back the way to a competition that's  seen former glories? 

I thought football had moved on? 

If nothing else, it's an extra opportunity to give players on the fringes of the side more minutes. Think we only played three or four midweeks across the entire of last season so I'm sure there will be opportunities to fit fixtures in.

17 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Didn't you drop the term "Juniors" from your name upon joining the EoS to reflect your move to senior football, and now this? 🤦‍♂️

We did. Assuming we can accommodate the fixtures, why shouldn't clubs participate?

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

When it comes to Dunipace and Sauchie. I do wonder which came first: The Stirlingshire Cup return and no one bothering to ask or applying to the SJC.

Its not just the Highland. There's the South and NCL. A disinterest shared by the SJFA as they are two leagues that add nothing but travel with the costs that come with it.

Personally, I'd have far preferred to be involved with a revamped Stirlingshire Cup but can understand why the likes of Falkirk or Alloa may be a bit apprehensive of playing a competition with potentially 4-6 non-SPFL sides. (Pace, Camelon, Shire, Sauchie, Bo'ness' ,) and 5 SPFL sides (Falkirk, Binos, Stenny, Dumbarton, Alloa)

22 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

it's an extra opportunity to give players on the fringes of the side more minutes.

Ooft, the glamour! Don't let the Junior board hear you saying that, it is supposed to be the premier cup competition in the country

13 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Ooft, the glamour! Don't let the Junior board hear you saying that, it is supposed to be the premier cup competition in the country

How dare we provide opportunities for our players to play competitive football.

If there's an alternative competition you suggest we play in instead (we already take part in the Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup, EoS League Cup and EoS Qualifying Cup), I'd be interested to hear.

Edited by Dunipace FC

2 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

How dare we provide opportunities for our players to play competitive football.

If there's an alternative competition you suggest we play in instead (we already take part in the Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup, EoS League Cup and EoS Qualifying Cup), I'd be interested to hear.

Why do you need an alternative competition?  The Junior Cup is a Saturday competition, your Saturdays will be filled by EoS competitions.