Porteous

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Czech Republic number 4 took over Porteous’s position as the biggest numpty of the tournament so far. Scored an own goal to equalise for Portugal and then massively sold the jerseys for their winner.

Are you in a competition to talk the most Euro shite?

2 hours ago, dumbthings said:

I think this is spot on. I was sat in front of my pc (only way I could watch the game) on Saturday morning. I had work to do but thought I'd watch the first half hour and see how we went. I honestly decided after two minutes, when I saw how quick the Germans were, when I saw how they moved, that we were in for a tough night. I went to work five minutes in. Porteous had already stepped in to a couple of challenges and come out with the ball. I think the whole team was panicked, even by that stage. The challenge, I feel, was just a culmination of this, what was he really meant to do here?

If he does nothing, we're down 0-3 before half-time and he's likely going to be dropped by Clarke.

If he attempts to block we're probably still down 0-3  before half-time

If he attempts to challenge, fouls and gives away a penalty, then with the German penalty record, we're probably still down 0-3  before half-time and he's got a yellow card

If he jumps down with two feet, studs showing endangering the opponent, and with VAR watching anything the referee misses, then not only are we down 0-3 before by half-time but he's sent off and he leaves his teammates in the shit for the second-half.

You would think the last option would only happen if the red mist had descended, that's not something that should come natural to defender or he'd be sent off every week.

Porteous hadn't been involved in anything obvious prior to the challenge for the red mist to descend; thus, I'm a bit puzzled about this, supposedly, professional football player's decision-making which equals his decision-making can't be trusted.

However, as I say, I don't think it's enough to end his international career but if you can't trust player then it's tricky.

If lightning was to strike a second time, with a similar just outcome, then I think his international career would be over.

And that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, I had hoped he had matured down south but evidently not.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

18 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

If he does nothing, we're down 0-3 before half-time and he's likely going to be dropped by Clarke.

If he attempts to block we're probably still down 0-3  before half-time

If he attempts to challenge, fouls and gives away a penalty, then with the German penalty record, we're probably still down 0-3  before half-time and he's got a yellow card

If he jumps down with two feet, studs showing endangering the opponent, and with VAR watching anything the referee misses, then not only are we down 0-3 before by half-time but he's sent off and he leaves his teammates in the shit for the second-half.

You would think the last option would only happen if the red mist had descended, that's not something that should come natural to defender or he'd be sent off every week.

Porteous hadn't been involved in anything obvious prior to the challenge for the red mist to descend; thus, I'm a bit puzzled about this, supposedly, professional football player's decision-making which equals his decision-making can't be trusted.

However, as I say, I don't think it's enough to end his international career but if you can't trust player then it's tricky.

If lightning was to strike a second time, with a similar just outcome, then I think his international career would be over.

And that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, I had hoped he had matured down south but evidently not.

You've obviously got some kind of axe to grind with Porteous.