4 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Friendly result 

Upper Annandale 1 - 4 Ruthwell Rovers

Yikes! Quite possibly more entertaining than the France -Portugal game it clashed with, but it doesn't bode well for the new season.

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Yikes! Quite possibly more entertaining than the France -Portugal game it clashed with, but it doesn't bode well for the new season.

Personally I don't read too much into some of the pre games.

It still amazes me how often playing staff changes in the SOSFL  before the season begins. Hopefully not a sign of what's to come. Would like to think the clubs in the bottom half will be more competitive this season. 

Vale struggled at Threave on Wed  evening too. See what today's other results brings.

I don't know much about the 2 Annandale clubs. They have struggled in the matches I've seen them play in Kirkcudbrightshire and Wigtonshire past 2 seasons.

24 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Personally I don't read too much into some of the pre games.

It still amazes me how often playing staff changes in the SOSFL  before the season begins. Hopefully not a sign of what's to come. Would like to think the clubs in the bottom half will be more competitive this season. 

Vale struggled at Threave on Wed  evening too. See what today's other results brings.

I don't know much about the 2 Annandale clubs. They have struggled in the matches I've seen them play in Kirkcudbrightshire and Wigtonshire past 2 seasons.

I saw Uppers struggle to beat Lochside last summer, with signs of a distinct lack of togetherness in the squad; and it turned out to be the third rubbish season in a row. I have heard rumblings of optimism this summer though. As you say, we probably shouldn't read too much into it. 

24 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Talking of today's games.

Full time from Castle Cary

Creetown 3 Moneyslane FC 1.

Decent work out for the Ferry.

I'd never heard of Moneyslane until half an hour ago. 4th tier in NI, stronger than Ruthwell Rovers I suspect!

Other results today one excellent one meh.

Full Time at Blairmount.

Newton Stewart Football Club 2
Bonnyton Thistle                       0

The Creesiders produce a brilliant second half display which included two fantastic goals from Matt Deazeley to run out deserved winners. Bonnyton are in WOSFL Div 2, one league above Threave.

Nithsdale v Scaur AFC FT 12-3 
Sean Mckenzie x9 
Ryan Harper x2 
Canny Thom x1

Don't think can read too much into this result, other than a runout for NW.

On 06/07/2024 at 21:46, An Absolute Imposter said:

Wigtown&Bladnoch 1 - 5 Whitletts Vics Amateurs.

Looks like could be another tough season for the kids at Trammondford.

Wonder who they'll draw in the first round of big Scottish.

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Wonder who they'll draw in the first round of big Scottish.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wee Team Found?

Obviously a club that will at the very least get to Round 2.

W&B struggle to attract players with Creetown and Newton Stewart in close proximity. They are in the main populated with young players I believe. 

Other than the club going under not much they can do about it.

They have the necessary licence for the big Scottish, so unless the SFA change the entry criteria, they are there on merit.

I'm certain we will be discussing this again before September. 😊

Posted (edited)

MATCHDAY!

Tonight Saints face Sunday League side Threave Rovers AFC down at St.Mary's.

Free Admission 

Unfortunately the Abbey Vale, Threave Rovers U20's game scheduled for Maryfield has fallen foul of thuz lovely Scottish Summer we are experiencing.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

6 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

MATCHDAY!

Tonight Saints face Sunday League side Threave Rovers AFC down at St.Mary's.

Free Admission 

Unfortunately the Abbey Vale, Threave Rovers U20's game scheduled for Maryfield has fallen foul of thuz lovely Scottish Summer we are experiencing.

FB_IMG_1720564384602.jpg.6ce3694712666f4d6dda978627321757.jpg

Posted (edited)

Vale have moved the game against the Threave Weans to the Campus. Playing on this new astro stuff because of the wee bit of Summer rain we've had.

Football not on grass, it'll never catch on.

After last nights game was called off, our game against Threave Rovers 20s has been rearranged for tonight at the Northwest Comminity Campus. Kick off it’s 7.30pm.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter