Something to be proud of

Chripper

43 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Would you swap a 4-0 win for Scotland for massive outbreaks of hooliganism pre and post match?

That's debatable given the extremes involved.

However, I must admit to not giving a toss about how friendly our fans are.  It's a frigging football tournament.

I was getting a bit fed up of the features on telly last week in which fans told us how much they were partying.  

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was getting a bit fed up of the features on telly last week in which fans told us how much they were partying.  

I’m absolutely shocked at this given your reputation as the cheeriest guy on the forum. 

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’m absolutely shocked at this given your reputation as the cheeriest guy on the forum. 

Yeah, all true, but do you not kind of get what I mean?

All this self referential stuff about how wondrous the fans are.  I'm not interested in this tournament on account of what the fans get up to.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's debatable given the extremes involved.

However, I must admit to not giving a toss about how friendly our fans are.  It's a frigging football tournament.

You need to have a few stern words with the hecking nincompoops. Dangnabbit, they need to sod off already and stop giving us all a bad reputation with this gosh darned behaviour 

53 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, all true, but do you not kind of get what I mean?

All this self referential stuff about how wondrous the fans are.  I'm not interested in this tournament on account of what the fans get up to.

That's fair, the link in the first post is, rather than reporting of the locals' thoughts on Scotland fans as the headline would have you believe, actually Scot after Scot explaining why our fans are so great.

I mean, we clearly are a great bunch of lads, but The Record really could have done a better job of reporting it rather than the circle jerk they spewed up.