D&G Clubs in West Dev Lge

16 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Cap doffed to Lochar Thistle and Threave Rovers with their continued involvement in the West Development League for 2024/25. Seen both a few times last season and looking forward to visiting this coming season.

And a big welcome to Gretna 2008, hopefully it proves a fruitful exercise for them.

Nicky White and his Gretna ( club )  are working very hard and deserve rewards all the beat to them.

24 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Nicky White and his Gretna ( club )  are working very hard and deserve rewards all the beat to them.

Great to see our clubs getting involved; I was at a number of the dev games last season and was heartening to see boys from Lochar and Threave getting game time in the senior team. The competitive games against clubs from the central belt certainly uelped bring some of the boys on.

I recall Annan were entered into the dev league last season but pulled out. Obviously no idea why, wondering if you have any info.

I know numbers and finances are limited; but would be encouraging for the development of the youngsters if there was at least one team in each larger town and area across the region.

22 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Great to see our clubs getting involved; I was at a number of the dev games last season and was heartening to see boys from Lochar and Threave getting game time in the senior team. The competitive games against clubs from the central belt certainly uelped bring some of the boys on.

I recall Annan were entered into the dev league last season but pulled out. Obviously no idea why, wondering if you have any info.

I know numbers and finances are limited; but would be encouraging for the development of the youngsters if there was at least one team in each larger town and area across the region.

Ive no idea why Annan pulled out last term, and too late for this ? For me a no brainier Annan should have a team at u20, funding/ sponsors should be easy to attract given the speed at which Wullies war chest grew. Time to look at bigger picture ?