What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

What do Labour even stand for? Who do they represent?

A joke of a party stuffed with morons and cretins.

Starmer is a massive Tory p***k.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What do Labour even stand for? Who do they represent?

An joke of a party stuffed with morons and cretins.

Well thankfully they're certainly not a knicker wetting fringe abolish the monarchy party. They're appealing to the wider electorate that they wish to govern at the moment and are certainly a better option than the Tories. 

"Morons and cretins" is a bit of a daft one you can apply to every political group. Certainly more applicable to numerous other parties right enough. 

5 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

"Her net approval rating came out as plus 12 - not as good as +19 for Sarwar, who despite having a lower satisfaction rating did not have as many people saying they were unhappy with his leadership."

Basically a lot more people who don't know anything about him to decide one way or the other - which intrinsically is not that brilliant a piece of news.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Basically a lot more people who don't know anything about him - which intrinsically is not that brilliant a piece of news.

As a Labour supporter I think the Scottish Labour leader being the most popular leader in Scotland is brilliant news and does bode well for the future. 

I'd take a lot of people not being fussed over a lot of people hating the leader in charge ideally. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

For context.

20220601_141954.jpg

Just incredibly envious and jealous of the 47% of people who have simply no idea what an Alex Cole Hamilton is.

9 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

As a Labour supporter I think the Scottish Labour leader being the most popular leader in Scotland is brilliant news and does bode well for the future. 

I'd take a lot of people not being fussed over a lot of people hating the leader in charge ideally. 

It means that relatively speaking, he lacks the cut through in order for folk to form any definitive opinion, and you don't win elections where people are 'not fussed' about you.

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Don't knows excluded? 

Think I saw the big shagger Blair McDougall stating how that's now zero pollsters showing Indy as favourable. 

There is no doubt that independence is trailing in the polls - without looking at it I'd guess the median was around a 4 point swing.

I honestly don't think that's something that gives either side peace of mind in the wee hours.

Just now, renton said:

It means that relatively speaking, he lacks the cut through in order for folk to form any definitive opinion, and you don't win elections where people are 'not fussed' about you.

I disagree. 

I can't imagine many people having much to judge the 3rd party leader on anyway at this stage. If we were having an election I'm sure people would form opinions on him. 

Worrying for Sturgeon supporters imo. You'd have thought she'd have previously topped similar polls. 

Sarwar is certainly less divisive. 

Just now, renton said:

There is no doubt that independence is trailing in the polls - without looking at it I'd guess the median was around a 4 point swing.

I honestly don't think that's something that gives either side peace of mind in the wee hours.

Oh aye, I think we've been through this before but I enjoy posting the poll results as part of a discussion rather than some definitive sort of point. Certainly a lot of people have previously posted positive Indy polls as "proof" of some inevitable outcome but they don't seem to post here as much anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Don't knows excluded? 

Think I saw the big shagger Blair McDougall stating how that's now zero pollsters showing Indy as favourable. 

Can't be having Blair McDougall as a big shagger I'm afraid. He's lost just about every election he's been involved in. Admittedly he has one very big win, but it came at the cost of decimating the Labour Party in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I disagree. 

I can't imagine many people having much to judge the 3rd party leader on anyway at this stage. If we were having an election I'm sure people would form opinions on him. 

Worrying for Sturgeon supporters imo. You'd have thought she'd have previously topped similar polls. 

Sarwar is certainly less divisive. 

You're first sentence is correct, it also contradicts your final sentence.

Yes, undoubtedly an election will force people into having an opinion. By definition that will make him more 'divisve' than he currently is. Which is my point: No one knows enough about him to give a shit one way or the other, so his numbers are soft.

Sturgeon on the other hand has undoubtedly seen a drop in her popularity, yet remains - almost in defiance of political gravity - in positive numbers depsite being Party Leader and FM through two Holyrood and two Westminster elections.