Highland League 2024-25

31 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Wee thought that popped into my head; which league would the respective clubs drop into from the HL if the play-off was lost.

Answers on a postcard to: Why does my brain worry about these type of things?

Would it be NCL as North Juniors is as it says on the tin; juniors? 🤔 

Depends on their geographical position, basically anyone in the Highland area would go to the NCL,anyone east of that would go NRJFA. 

Although questions about what Nairn would do ?

Anyone south of aberdeenshire would go to the Midland league 

Big kick off today in the HL.....Mon the Vale ❤️🤍🖤

We're still needing an experienced defender to help the laddies.

Gonna be a tough season, especially wae Strathy Jags strengthening due to the Loch Ness inflow of cash.

12 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Depends on their geographical position, basically anyone in the Highland area would go to the NCL,anyone east of that would go NRJFA. 

Although questions about what Nairn would do ?

Anyone south of aberdeenshire would go to the Midland league 

Cheers, I had 2 thoughts I my head; where would Turriff, Locos, etc go and would they have to join the SJFA. No idea about the North Juniors constitution.

Only Brechin outwith the Shire and Highlands?

I know the leagues below the LL have put it into their constitution to cover what would happen, have no idea obviously re the HL.

Just thought I'd ask to see if it was covered.

2 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Wee thought that popped into my head; which league would the respective clubs drop into from the HL if the play-off was lost.

Answers on a postcard to: Why does my brain worry about these type of things?

Would it be NCL as North Juniors is as it says on the tin; juniors? 🤔 

The clubs have to choose before the start of each season, there aren't any rules. I was trying to spread rumours that Fort William had picked the Midland League before they went down, it didn't really take off..:P 

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Gonna be a tough season, especially wae Strathy Jags strengthening due to the Loch Ness inflow of cash.

I don't think they got any cash from Loch Ness, just a few players when they folded. They've got a local businessman putting new money in but I don't think it's megabucks.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

iirc didn't Rothes have someone putting money into them for a bit? Assume said person is no longer involved with the cllub.

Does look like they've pulled the plug, I think it was a consortium but mainly one guy in the distillery business.

21 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Keith sounds right up my street. My Mrs might prefer Deveronvale and a wee trip to the coast for some Cullen Skink mind you. 

They have new sauna at Cullen beach £15 for one hour. They have good coffee shop also, sometimes pop in by for coffee when Vale are playing at home.

3 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Agreed, we do need experienced defender to replace Innes. 

C’away the Valley 👊

On 25/07/2024 at 12:49, houston_bud said:

What's does everyone think the best away day in the league is?

Considering doing a wee road trip, getting a bnb somewhere at some point during the season. I've been to Brechin, Clach and Nairn, so somewhere different would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Lossiemouth is a good one. Try head to a game when we go to silversands caravan park. 
devonvale for you and the wife can have a wonder in the spotty bag shop also a fancy piece and a cuppa while she is there too. 
nice little cafe there too the broken fiddle 

Does anyone know how to see team lines from Highland League matches without having to use social media?

The North Juniors website has the excellent function when you click on the scores you can see line ups and goal scorers etc

On 25/07/2024 at 12:49, houston_bud said:

What's does everyone think the best away day in the league is?

Considering doing a wee road trip, getting a bnb somewhere at some point during the season. I've been to Brechin, Clach and Nairn, so somewhere different would be good.

Thanks in advance.

If you pick Lossiemouth I recommend the Firth Hotel. Stayed there last night, nice ensuite single room for £62, great meal in the restaurant. 

I think only 4 teams won there last season, seems a bit of a fortress up there these day.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I think only 4 teams won there last season, seems a bit of a fortress up there these day.

They lost 14 away games out of 17, only pipped by Strathspey with 15. Don't tell the bookies! 

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They lost 14 away games out of 17, only pipped by Strathspey with 15. Don't tell the bookies! 

This stat kind of backs up the only 4 teams won there last season one.  It's a draining journey and it seems only a handful of sides can overcome it.  With it having the same effect on Wick travelling the other way.

On 28/07/2024 at 11:05, ScottishZizou said:

Does anyone know how to see team lines from Highland League matches without having to use social media?

If you're lucky I'll put the teamlines database online at some point. 

If you're REALLY lucky, I'll keep it up to date, too!