Northern Ireland Football League Season 2024/25

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Hope the Bannsiders get a derby win over the Braidmen, but I doubt it.

How wrong was I! 4-2 to Coleraine in a great match!

3 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

Despite The Reds losing a few key players last season, they seem to keep producing the goods I really want Magilton at Raith

At the risk of boring all Rovers fans, take Stephen Baxter.

Good win for the Crues tonight. Cracking goal. Nice start to the league. Wasn't there.

Posted (edited)

Linfield strolled to victory at Mourneview, all over by halftime, 3-0 to the Blues. Second half Linfield took their foot off the gas although Glenavon were a bit better.

Coleraine drop two more points in an 0-0 at the Oval, I suppose a point at the Oval's not too bad, and the Glens wouldn't have wanted to lose two successive home games, but that's 4 points dropped already, and the Crues - as mentioned above won again - and Linfield and Cliftonville all with 100% records.

Glenavon v Linfield  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/videos/cy4ydglxxxjo

Cliftonville v Dungannon   https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/videos/cx29p7dqqvdo

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

David Healy being strong linked with us. What can we expect?

No comment. Think I outstayed my welcome on the Rovers site. Keep telling myself don't post when you've drink taken.

Big test today against the Reds.

37 minutes ago, hatchetman said:

No comment. Think I outstayed my welcome on the Rovers site. Keep telling myself don't post when you've drink taken.

Big test today against the Reds.

Nothing wrong with what you posted.

Great watch last night as Glentoran beat Carrick at Taylor's Avenue, 3-2. Carrick ended up with only 9 men, due to a red card and an injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c5y84eq4dpgo

Goals - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/videos/cdxlq04qy45o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/irish-domestic-football

Reports etc

Linfield 5 Loughgall 1

Cliftonville 1 Crusaders 1

Coleraine 0 Glenavon 2

And Dungannon Swifts 1 Ballymena United 0

4 Dungannon players were involved in a car accident on their way to the match, but they were all o.k. Not the ideal pre game preparation.

Listened to the match on the radio, and it sounded like a cracker. Offard's off to a flyer. Seemed to be a great atmosphere. Sorry I missed it. My weekly fix came at Muirkirk. Healy being wooed by Raith. If he goes, it will be interesting to see who replaces him. Stephen? Jim? (I'm really enjoying this) 

13 hours ago, hatchetman said:

Listened to the match on the radio, and it sounded like a cracker. Offard's off to a flyer. Seemed to be a great atmosphere. Sorry I missed it. My weekly fix came at Muirkirk. Healy being wooed by Raith. If he goes, it will be interesting to see who replaces him. Stephen? Jim? (I'm really enjoying this) 

Do you think Stephen Baxter would go to Windsor? I think he'd be mad to.

But what do I know.

I was really referencing the Rovers situation Jacks. My idea of humour. Having said that, Baxter is still young enough. I don't know the man, or his situation, but I assume he has some desire to work again. When we were in full pomp and Linfield less so, his name was regularly mentioned in relation to a move. He did of course play for the Blues. If Healy goes, this may come to soon for him. I imagine he's still trying to wind down. I'm trying to remember an Irish League manager who successfully moved to Scotland or England. Your ex manager being a case in point. (I'm sure somebody will come up with one)

2 hours ago, hatchetman said:

I was really referencing the Rovers situation Jacks. My idea of humour. Having said that, Baxter is still young enough. I don't know the man, or his situation, but I assume he has some desire to work again. When we were in full pomp and Linfield less so, his name was regularly mentioned in relation to a move. He did of course play for the Blues. If Healy goes, this may come to soon for him. I imagine he's still trying to wind down. I'm trying to remember an Irish League manager who successfully moved to Scotland or England. Your ex manager being a case in point. (I'm sure somebody will come up with one)

Oran didn't do that badly.

Kenny Shiels?