If the VOC striker was not sent off today, we would probably have been beaten at least 2-0, by a team who were 2 leagues below us last season. 

We were Fortunate to come away with a point, in the end against 9 men. 

if we cant get full points at venues like these, where are our points coming from? 

We are now real relegation contenders. 

Edited by Westy1

Would like to see Medda turn around their season and reclaim a place in the WoS Prem, they are a loss to the league in terms of good grounds and historic club etc...

I sadly don't see them being able to come straight back up however hope they can steady the ship and come back stronger. 

You get a rough impression of the state Meadow are in off the park when you have the recently retired Chairman publicly blasting the team on Saturday and not too subtly calling for managerial change on the clubs own FB page. 

And when fans jump on him for his crass comments, the former chairman not only doesn’t apologise, he doubles down! 

This from the chap who was at the helm when Ben was appointed to the hot seat as well. 

Dysfunctional doesn’t quite cover Medda at the moment it would seem. 

I would be happy with 5th bottom and survival somehow this season. The club had their AGM yesterday and can imagine a few voices of concern would have been raised. I didn't go as I have a life at the weekend especially Sundays outside football 😂😂. The previous chairman probably shouldn't be voicing his concerns online and leave it for AGM or in private but he isn't on committee anymore so can say how 5 points out of 21 isn't good enough which I do totally agree with and don't see her how anyone can argue otherwise. We didn't lose yesterday but need 3 wins in next 3 cup competitions then start picking up wins in league ASAP or will be 2nd Division football next season which is a complete shambles for all involved if that does happen but hopefully we can somehow get out of this rut...

Edited by Shannon

35 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I would be happy with 5th bottom and survival somehow this season. The club had their AGM yesterday and can imagine a few voices of concern would have been raised. I didn't go as I have a life at the weekend especially Sundays outside football 😂😂. The previous chairman probably shouldn't be voicing his concerns online and leave it for AGM or in private but he isn't on committee anymore so can say how 5 points out of 21 isn't good enough which I do totally agree with and don't see her how anyone can argue otherwise. We didn't lose yesterday but need 3 wins in next 3 cup competitions then start picking up wins in league ASAP or will be 2nd Division football next season which is a complete shambles for all involved if that does happen but hopefully we can somehow get out of this rut...

Of course he can have a say, but there’s a time and a place. Barely out the door and saying stuff like this is basically airing the clubs dirty laundry in public.

Also displays a quite stunning lack of self awareness. How many of the disastrous managerial appointments did he oversee in the last few years? 

To be honest I think it’s less important that we look back and now imperative we look forward and how we rescue this season ensuring a minimum survival!

We need a new management team now. 

Said from early on we have badly exposed Ben and he should be with our youth as he is a top young coach. He can’t be enjoying this experience. 

we are awful. 

2 hours ago, Westy1 said:

To be honest I think it’s less important that we look back and now imperative we look forward and how we rescue this season ensuring a minimum survival!

We need a new management team now. 

Said from early on we have badly exposed Ben and he should be with our youth as he is a top young coach. He can’t be enjoying this experience. 

we are awful. 

Who would you get in the door? 

2 hours ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

Of course he can have a say, but there’s a time and a place. Barely out the door and saying stuff like this is basically airing the clubs dirty laundry in public.

Also displays a quite stunning lack of self awareness. How many of the disastrous managerial appointments did he oversee in the last few years? 

I’ve already stated in this the committee down at meadow is a shambles, too many of them want to be the manger or have to much to say on other things rather than trying to improve things on the park and if it’s not the committee having too much input it’s other coaches and physios trying to undercut the manager. Allowing mcginty to walk was the start of their problems.  Then went with inexperienced managers or the cheap options for years after him, the downfall at meadow is crazy to see in such a short space of time. 

4 hours ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

Who would you get in the door? 

There are plenty of good options out there at the moment.

Not sure which one but someone with experience of this league. 

any suggestions?

Edited by Westy1

• 2 weeks later...

I see Paton has jumped ship to replace Caddis at the good ship Glens. 

Meadow making it known they are not happy with the way Glens/Paton have behaved. 

Having seen Paton a few times in Medda colours this season I’d say Medda have won a watch here. Paton was worse than a man down any time I saw them.

What a car crash of a season Meadow are having and we’re not even out of September yet. 

5 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

I see Paton has jumped ship to replace Caddis at the good ship Glens. 

Meadow making it known they are not happy with the way Glens/Paton have behaved. 

Having seen Paton a few times in Medda colours this season I’d say Medda have won a watch here. Paton was worse than a man down any time I saw them.

What a car crash of a season Meadow are having and we’re not even out of September yet. 

Are you willing to disclose why you have a burning desire to put the boot in to Medda at any given opportunity?

7 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

Are you willing to show me where I’ve put the boot in to Medda?

You maybe want to re-read the post.  

"Car crash of a season" in a thread entitled "Malaise at Meadow" which you started after the first match of the season. 

Just now, jimbaxters said:

"Car crash of a season" in a thread entitled "Malaise at Meadow" which you started after the first match of the season. 

Anything in either of those quotes that isn’t true? 

Let’s  have a debate if you disagree rather than just level blanket ‘you hate the Medda’ nonsense. 

1 minute ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

Anything in either of those quotes that isn’t true? 

Let’s  have a debate if you disagree rather than just level blanket ‘you hate the Medda’ nonsense. 

No, let's not. My question was simple and I have provided evidence (as if it was needed) as to why you are picking on Irvine Meadow as a club out of the 80 in the league. Are you willing to answer it?

Evidence? What are you on about man 🤣 

I started a thread on a  big club at this level who had just been relegated after a dreadful season, and on viewing them after game day one, suggested they didn’t look too clever. 

Subsequent events suggest that opinion has been borne out.

Me stating that a car crash of a season so far has indeed been a car crash of a season is hardly ‘evidence’ of someone ‘with a burning desire to put the boot in’

You’d struggle to find any Medda fan who would have anything positive to say about this season.

But yeah, you don’t want to debate any of that eh?