Clyde Vs Stranraer⛳ 🏌️‍♂️

55 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Shows the standard knowledge of fans. The lino is absolutely spot on with the injured player

I'm genuinely interested in this. Where is this law?

The best I can find is this from IFAB:

A player scores a goal while a defending player lies injured next to the goal line (on the field of play). What is the referee's decision?

If there are two or more opponents nearer the goal line then the attacker is not offside and a goal is awarded. It does not matter what position a defender is in: standing, sitting, lying etc.

23 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Then they'd all be wrong

As far as I know, it’s up to the referee to decide whether the player on the deck is seriously injured and therefore not affecting play - the linesman flags though, and the grounded player certainly wasn’t seriously injured

It is up to the ref to stop the game for the injured player, he is still in play even if he slid himself off the park he is still considered to be in play unless permitted by the ref. Allan was onside a mile absolute crazy decision that should have been overruled but Kirkland is one of the worst refs in the league.