Perfect Films

3 hours ago, yoda said:

None of these are in my "top five of all time" but all four of High & LowAlienThe Big Lebowski, and Zodiac are pretty much flawless. They are without flaw. Sans flaw.

I watched 12 Angry Men for the first time a couple of weeks back and would agree with that shout too.

Zodiac could be a shout. This may be a flaw of the book it's based on rather than the film, but I dislike how heavily it leans into [the film's main suspect's] guilt. It almost definitely wasn't him. 

Re 12 Angry Men, please see my earlier comment about the scene with the old fella's face. 

• 4 weeks later...

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Having said that - the scene when McMurphy is strangling nurse Ratched at the end his hat comes off and then all of a sudden it's back on while he's trying to kill her? I found it strange they left that in on one of the films most important parts. 

The Fugitive.

Meant to play homage to the TV series that lasted 4 years but neither the director nor the two main stars  even knew about the TV show.

The TV show included Doctor David Kimble being chased by Gérard where the real villain was a one armed man.

Most of the scenes with Gérard and his colleagues were unscripted. 

Similarly the scene where Harrison Ford wandered into a St Patrick's Day Parade was unscripted and they kept filming until people recognised who he was.