Aberdeen v Still undefeated in Europe St Mirren

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The nick of these Dons fans, one win in yonks against us and they think they are the 2nd coming and we are doomed to relegation. As stated pre match I expected us to rotate ahead of the more important game on Thursday and as stated I expected us to lose as a consequence. Let's see where we all are in a few months.

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

Aberdeen need to put things into perspective. You won today when we  were nowhere near any form and you have beat a St Johnstone team. Lets see how you do against the rest. Its early days but well done on today

37 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

Aren’t half your fans flying via ABZ?  

Oh For Actual Fcuk Sake.

Enjoy your night. Crack open a cold one… I’ve got a Thielin, that tonight’s gonna’ be a good, good, night….

Etc. Love & Hugs. (Cunto) 😛

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Much more comfortable 2nd half. We weren’t amazing but there’s loads of encouraging stuff happening with quality to still come in the door. 

St Mirren will be disappointed 2nd half, didn’t build on that equaliser at all really. 

Agree with this. I thought the first half was very mediocre and low quality fodder. We were dominant in the second half and ruthless with some moments of real quality in the final third.

The squad still needs some surgery but we are at least looking like the sum of our parts unlike a lot of our domestic performances last season.

Just now, FTOF said:

Aberdeen were the better team and fully deserved their win.

You're way off script - "getting carried away", "put things into perspective", "think they're the 2nd coming" appears to be the consensus.

Enjoy your trip to Norway.

43 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Examples please 

Willie Miller said on the radio he has a weekly Zoom call with fellow ex Dons players and the chat was that the celebrations after the St Johnstone game were a bit embarrassing ...with one of them wondering when the trophy was being brought out. Check out the BBC sounds app if you missed it.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Have a bit of self-awareness mate. I thought Jamie McGrath did well today considering he's clearly suffering from an inner-ear problem and/or acute vertigo.

Anyway, we were poor across the park today. Can't blame the fatigue: it's what we fought to qualify for, but we were making very hard work of some very simple stuff, and Aberdeen were worth their win. Great bit of quality for the second goal, in particular.

I think we'll emerge from all this a better team, but it's going to be tough while we're still in Europe.

It's true. 

Its obvious as St Mirren repeat this pattern constantly. 

Anyway we will see where we both end up

23 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Its not like the sheep to get carried away after a couple of mediocre wins. 

None of us have seen this script before. 

Says the fan of a club who after waiting decades to finish top 6 believe they are a genuine top club from finally managing to "achieve" that 😉 

34 minutes ago, mcginns said:

Aberdeen clearly look a better prospect under the new manager but I think the Dons fans are getting bit carried away with stringing a few wins together. 

I think this is bollocks. None of the Aberdeen fans I know think that the team that played today (especially minus Miovski) looks strong enough for us to expect top 4.  Clarkson and Polvara will make a difference but what will probably determine our season is how good our recruitment is from here on in.  We have one guy signed, another rumoured to be signing and hopefully a couple more to come.  We definitely need an injection of quality.

So far Thelin is getting reasonable performances and good results from a squad that still looks quite a bit weaker than the one that finished last season. Neither Morris, nor Gueye, nor Sokler would have been first picks last season.  Either these players have to start delivering better performances than they have so far, or we need to sign at least a couple of players that are upgrades.

I'm optimistic that that will happen, but the idea that I or most Aberdeen fans are blown away by what we've seen so far isn't true.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're way off script - "getting carried away", "put things into perspective", "think they're the 2nd coming" appears to be the consensus.

Enjoy your trip to Norway.

Definitely not the general consensus. Fishing posts aside, the general consensus seems to be Aberdeen deserved to win, Theilin seems better than (insert names of last five managers here), and that St Mirren were second best today.

1 minute ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I think this is bollocks. None of the Aberdeen fans I know think that the team that played today (especially minus Miovski) looks strong enough for us to expect top 4.  Clarkson and Polvara will make a difference but what will probably determine our season is how good our recruitment is from here on in.  We have one guy signed, another rumoured to be signing and hopefully a couple more to come.  We definitely need an injection of quality.

So far Thelin is getting reasonable performances and good results from a squad that still looks quite a bit weaker than the one that finished last season. Neither Morris, nor Gueye, nor Sokler would have been first picks last season.  Either these players have to start delivering better performances than they have so far, or we need to sign at least a couple of players that are upgrades.

I'm optimistic that that will happen, but the idea that I or most Aberdeen fans are blown away by what we've seen so far isn't true.

If refer to my previous reply re the reaction to beating St Johnstone being a bit embarrassing. Don't take my word for it...check out what Willie Miller said on the radio today.

10 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I, for one, am just happy we negotiated our league cup group games with relative ease and have opened with 2 solid league wins against teams we need to beat. Nothing else.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig