Tonight’s Score’s 14/08/24

3 minutes ago, KevMcK said:

Arthurlie 1 Vale of Clyde 1 FT

Utter dross from us tonight. VoC deservedly equalised and can consider themselves unlucky not to win the game. Poor management from the players on the pitch and from the coaching staff on the sideline. 

Just now, Arthurlie1981 said:

Utter dross from us tonight. VoC deservedly equalised and can consider themselves unlucky not to win the game. Poor management from the players on the pitch and from the coaching staff on the sideline. 

Thought Arthurlie were very good first 25/30 minutes, scored a good goal, and it took 2 cracking saves from Gordon to keep VoC in it. After that though, I agree, Vale were better team and had chances to win it at the end. The free kick the Arthurlie players took right at death kind of summed up how they played! 

Ardeer 1 Thorn Athletic 1

Fair result in the end although Thorn should have been out of sight before Ardeer equalised, even although the home side missed a penalty.

bad news for Thorn was Nathan McLelland got stretched off. 

Lastly, I am loathe to criticise officials but the ref tonight was a headcase.

Had came across him before (under 20’s development) and was quite aggressive to the players, in what was not a dirty or physical game.

29 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

That’s a surprise. Big Stuart at Forth will be pleased.

Good bunch there 

Aye, it is a great result. Forth are my junior team, no been up to Kingshill in a good while though.

10 hours ago, KevMcK said:

Thought Arthurlie were very good first 25/30 minutes, scored a good goal, and it took 2 cracking saves from Gordon to keep VoC in it. After that though, I agree, Vale were better team and had chances to win it at the end. The free kick the Arthurlie players took right at death kind of summed up how they played! 

Good summary of the game.  VOC number 11 was the best man on the pitch.

Disappointed how Arthurlie played, hopefully they'll get better as the season progresses.

11 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Yip, big improvements need all round.

Shocking performance from Arthurlie.  I was impressed by Vale Of Clyde, they look a well coached side with all their players knowing their job, Arthurlie, on the other hand, don't have any of that.  The boy who was sent off for the Lie is a very poor player and a serious downgrade on Bradley or Docherty.     Hanging our hopes on guys like him will only see us struggle to be top six never mind promotion .  

We have bought some excellent players but we just aren't gelling as a team.  That is down to bad management and coaching.  

MTL