Arbroath's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Arbroath's next permanent manager?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Young was well backed at East Fife, they had a really good squad of players with a few guys who didn't come cheap and he failed to get them promoted, then was eventually sacked with them bottom of the league cut adrift. Then failed to keep Stirling in this league. He's had 3 jobs in this division and Albion Rovers is the only team he's had relative success with. That said, given the list of names above, he's nowhere near the worst shout. The worst shout is Danny Lennon.

He won the league with Stirling and also with Albion Rovers.  So that's two league wins in 3 jobs.  

23 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He won the league with Stirling and also with Albion Rovers.  So that's two league wins in 3 jobs.  

Two League 2 wins. A relegation with Stirling from this league and sacked from East Fife when they were bottom in this league. All I'm saying is there's a reason a part time club the size of Arbroath haven't given him a chance before. 

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. But please not Ray McKinnon, please. 

I would actually even prefer someone like Jim McInally to him

Really just need someone that is a leader and that people can get behind - squads basically built minus 2/3 players 

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Two League 2 wins. A relegation with Stirling from this league and sacked from East Fife when they were bottom in this league. All I'm saying is there's a reason a part time club the size of Arbroath haven't given him a chance before. 

He had a barely league 2 defence with Stirling, and was hardly able to sign any players.  Of course he got relegated with Stirling.  I don't think that should count against him, he almost got them safe.

I wonder if Arbroath may go down the younger guy route given the last two guys have been older heids. Although the Arbroath board strike me as the types who would prefer a dusty old Jim Duffy over a young fresh ex player with new ideas type.

I actually don’t think Darren Young is a bad shout tbh. His sacking at Stirling was harsh and I know a lot of the squad weren’t happy in the slightest about it. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He had a barely league 2 defence with Stirling, and was hardly able to sign any players.  Of course he got relegated with Stirling.  I don't think that should count against him, he almost got them safe.

It was his squad, he stayed loyal to players when he could've moved them on. I'm afraid it counts against him regardless of what you think, hence he's no longer in a job. 

Ian Murray is the only name mentioned  that would impress me so far, and I think there is zero chance you get him. Ray McKinnon would be a f**king hilarious appointment so I'm right behind that. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

It was his squad, he stayed loyal to players when he could've moved them on. I'm afraid it counts against him regardless of what you think, hence he's no longer in a job. 

Do you think he had a choice?  Look what happened at Stirling once he was left.  Complete collapse of a football club.  They were clearly hanging by a thread.  It wasn't even his squad, he took over an existing squad and won the league.  He's clearly done an excellent job, winning leagues at 2 of his 3 clubs.  I don't know what you have against him.

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Do you think he had a choice?  Look what happened at Stirling once he was left.  Complete collapse of a football club.  They were clearly hanging by a thread.  It wasn't even his squad, he took over an existing squad and won the league.  He's clearly done an excellent job, winning leagues at 2 of his 3 clubs.  I don't know what you have against him.

You really do have some absolutely bizarre takes.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

He took over Stirling in December 21 and won League 2 in 2023, how the f**k is that not his squad? He then kept that squad together and got Stirling relegated, and lost his job. I don't have anything against him, I'm offering some balance to this smoke you're blowing up his arse. 

Also Stirling look less like a club in complete collapse than Arbroath right now. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

He took over Stirling in December 21 and won League 2 in 2023, how the f**k is that not his squad? He then kept that squad together and got Stirling relegated, and lost his job. I don't have anything against him, I'm offering some balance to this smoke you're blowing up his arse. 

Also Stirling look less like a club in complete collapse than Arbroath right now. 

I think you're just a wee bit bitter because Stirling embarrassed your wee football club to such an extent that you started refusing to play games against them.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

I think you're just a wee bit bitter because Stirling embarrassed your wee football club to such an extent that you started refusing to play games against them.

What the f**k are you havering about :lol:

5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

What is bizarre about that take?

The take that Darren Young was somehow working against all the odds with a Sunday league budget and being forced to keep all of the same players. I still think his sacking was harsh but he chose to go into League 1 with that squad.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wonder if Arbroath may go down the younger guy route given the last two guys have been older heids. Although the Arbroath board strike me as the types who would prefer a dusty old Jim Duffy over a young fresh ex player with new ideas type.

I actually don’t think Darren Young is a bad shout tbh. His sacking at Stirling was harsh and I know a lot of the squad weren’t happy in the slightest about it. 

I dunno, in fairness the club try and do everything they can to innovate and do new and different things off the park which has funnily enough been quite annoying when like has been said a million times nobody would be annoyed about it if it was all good on the park 

I could definitely see them going for someone younger - but with Paul Reid involved he also seems to maybe be a wee bit jobs for the boys from what I’ve heard so praying with everything I’ve got that doesn’t translate over into helping decide who the next manager is 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Ian Murray is the only name mentioned  that would impress me so far, and I think there is zero chance you get him. Ray McKinnon would be a f**king hilarious appointment so I'm right behind that. 

Cannot see any way that Ian Murray takes it or why on earth he would want to come anywhere near it either. Worth asking though 😂

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You really do have some absolutely bizarre takes.

Didn’t take you long to notice 

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Please for the love of god stop 

Jesus Christ 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What the f**k are you havering about :lol:

Your views seem to be based on some sort of petty bitterness, rather than taking an objective view.  Its the problem that a lot of football fans have, they look at thinks through personal agendas, rather than standing back and looking objectively at the big picture. 

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Your views seem to be based on some sort of petty bitterness, rather than taking an objective view.  Its the problem that a lot of football fans have, they look at thinks through personal agendas, rather than standing back and looking objectively at the big picture. 

What have I said that is bitter and not factual? He's been sacked from two League 1 clubs, for having one bottom of the league and the other relegated. I already said he's far from the worst shout. I would say you claiming he has done an excellent job at 3 clubs is far from objective.