Ayr United ⚪️⚫️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Doolan Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Bloody referees applying the laws of the game correctly.  

That's not the issue - it's when they do it once in a blue moon that's the issue. I can't remember the last time I saw it, and I've seen goalies WAY further off their line than yesterday.

Doesn't matter, I would have taken a point before the game, and we got a point - on to the next one.

43 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

As Dowds strikes it. I put up the previous image to show he had already moved off the line before it was struck, but the Weegie luvvies seem in the mood for an argument. 

Screenshot_20240915_155812_Gallery.jpg

I'm not arguing about it - as I've said rules are rules.

I bet it's not enforced the majority of the time this season however.

Great - now I'm going to be watching a goalies feet every time a penalty's taken 😡

Edited by baba douche

I think as always it's the lack of consistency with referees in Scotland, I guess it either makes it brutal or exciting at times. For me I can see why the penalty was given, but I've seen similar not given and Roberts definitely came off his line too soon but as has been pointed out this happens all the time as well. Kinda pointless talking about it really, it's not as if Ayr fans are suddenly going to go "nah the ref was wrong here" 

Anyway, decent point away from home, maybe a bit of papering over cracks for us, still look a bit like something is not right about us. 

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The penalty looked harsh but I probably would’ve expected one up the other end for that, and the retake is the correct decision.

luvvies is, and has always been, honking patter.

Didn't have a great view at the time as there were  bodies in the way, but it's clear in that that video he moves his arm toward it and propels it forward. Not a huge movement, but enough. Had it just hit his arm then dropped down it probably wouldn't be given.

I actually thought the ref had a decent game apart from the bizarre decision to play on after an Ayr pass hit him and fell to a Partick player which started a move that led to a chance for them. Pretty sure that has to be a drop ball to the team whose pass was disrupted by the ref. He was very tight on stealing yards at throw-ins which Raith gained most of their yards from last week and the decision to order a re-take of the penalty was brave and correct - I was a bit surprised he did it as most refs/linesmen chicken out of calling it but they are the ones at fault not Saturday’s ref.

Thought a draw was a fair result even though the Partick keeper made more saves - some very good ones in the second half especially the one from Hastie. McIntyre made a couple of decent ones although his distribution didn’t look any better than Stone’s however in mitigation he hasn’t had very long to get to know his new teammates and it was a blustery day especially when playing into the wind in the first half.

We missed McMann and Rus in particular although fair play to McAllister he didn’t let us down. Rus gives us options no-one else in the squad does. Our passing was slack all game and we couldn’t find the telling through balls to get in behind the Partick defence we have in other games this season. The front two didn’t really gel with the midfield and we needed someone to be running onto their flicks or when they were holding the ball up.

Injuries starting to look worrying. Hastie did a few good things and a few bad ones when he came on but thought Walker was poor and got caught in possession which led to a Thistle chance. Time for these boys to step up when they get some game time the injuries now mean is likely.

Thistle looked dangerous in spells and would be surprised if they aren’t in the top 4. Fitzpatrick was dangerous when he came on and is one of the best wide men in the league but young Watret dealt with him pretty well - hope we charge the scouts coming to watch him as well make a decent amount of dosh. Milne took his goal well from a great cross - thought the keeper might have come for it or the centre halves dealt with it but just a good goal when looking at the highlights. 

Would be great if we had an away support like Thistle’s at every home game - good to have a crowd over 3,000 but the home numbers a bit disappointing given recent form and the atmosphere from the SRE pretty non-existent to my ears in the North Stand bar a few bangs of the drum. Thought the Ragazzi were meant to generate the atmosphere?

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

I actually thought the ref had a decent game apart from the bizarre decision to play on after an Ayr pass hit him and fell to a Partick player which started a move that led to a chance for them. Pretty sure that has to be a drop ball to the team whose pass was disrupted by the ref. He was very tight on stealing yards at throw-ins which Raith gained most of their yards from last week and the decision to order a re-take of the penalty was brave and correct - I was a bit surprised he did it as most refs/linesmen chicken out of calling it but they are the ones at fault not Saturday’s ref.

Thought a draw was a fair result even though the Partick keeper made more saves - some very good ones in the second half especially the one from Hastie. McIntyre made a couple of decent ones although his distribution didn’t look any better than Stone’s however in mitigation he hasn’t had very long to get to know his new teammates and it was a blustery day especially when playing into the wind in the first half.

We missed McMann and Rus in particular although fair play to McAllister he didn’t let us down. Rus gives us options no-one else in the squad does. Our passing was slack all game and we couldn’t find the telling through balls to get in behind the Partick defence we have in other games this season. The front two didn’t really gel with the midfield and we needed someone to be running onto their flicks or when they were holding the ball up.

Injuries starting to look worrying. Hastie did a few good things and a few bad ones when he came on but thought Walker was poor and got caught in possession which led to a Thistle chance. Time for these boys to step up when they get some game time the injuries now mean is likely.

Thistle looked dangerous in spells and would be surprised if they aren’t in the top 4. Fitzpatrick was dangerous when he came on and is one of the best wide men in the league but young Watret dealt with him pretty well - hope we charge the scouts coming to watch him as well make a decent amount of dosh. Milne took his goal well from a great cross - thought the keeper might have come for it or the centre halves dealt with it but just a good goal when looking at the highlights. 

Would be great if we had an away support like Thistle’s at every home game - good to have a crowd over 3,000 but the home numbers a bit disappointing given recent form and the atmosphere from the SRE pretty non-existent to my ears in the North Stand bar a few bangs of the drum. Thought the Ragazzi were meant to generate the atmosphere?

On your last few points I have to agree, I was expecting a bit more along the lines of 3k of your own given start to season. I think our choir I have seen better myself  as well than on Saturday but I was disappointed in the Ayr young team, I thought maybe I just couldn’t hear them because they were at the opposite end of a windy stadium but it was largely silence even when they moved round right next to us. A draw was a fair result anyhow, the penalty I can see why it’s given but harsh on Aero. There’s little he can do as it bounces back off him so not one I would blame him for certainly but I would want it given the other way round. Again the coming off the line is correct and there’s no argument there, but every single and I mean EVERY SINGLE keeper does the exact same and I have never once seen it punished in a championship fixture personally. So if they are clamping down on this I want to see it always and consistently in every incident, otherwise they just look silly (something they are brilliant at it).