Queen's Vs' Smokie's

In order to get something from this game we will have to up our game from the levels of the last 2 weeks.  We have been far too pedestrian and content to strut about the middle of the park doing very little.

3 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Needing to grab a quick pint and some food before the game, how long a walk is Spoons to the ground, cheers.

I'll probably be parking near Spoons for lunch then driving up to the ground. Will be space for at least 3 if you want a lift...

Very frustrating half. An early goal but I thought we were doing well right off the bat. We score then turn to shit and Dickenson gifts Arbroath an equaliser. Thereafter it's been pretty even tbh. Both sides have had chances to be ahead. Annoyingly for us we've been very accommodating helping Arbroath with these big chances - if Hannah and Douglas could consider talking to each other we might be a bit better at the back. Dickenson at LB is a mistake from Murphy and one I hope he changes. I expect he's put him there to deal with Stewart's physical presence but when you have two natural LBs on the bench you need to trust they can do their job. 

I expect the passing out from the back will be slated again (even though we've gifted possession/almost instantly conceded when we hoofed) but the way in which it's played out isn't the issue. It's the speed, or lack of, in which we move the ball that's the problem. Far too slow with everything we do and Arbroath can mark us comfortably as a result. 

This game could end 2-2 or 3-1 either way at this rate. It's absolutely here for whoever wants it. 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Neither Brydon nor Bryden fit enough for the squad again today ... 😐

Has there been any word on how long Bryden might be out for? He played for about 10 minutes as a sub the day after signing three weeks ago and I’ve not seen any mention of him since.

5 minutes ago, Swarley said:

See, told you. Superfluous apostrophes for the win. 

Aye, you've definitely nailed this - think you should start all the match threads.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Should be 3-1 up. Reilly and Scottie have missed sitters. 

Aye, interesting game. What you say is accurate but in the same breath, had we drawn that I'd have felt robbed. 

13 minutes ago, Swarley said:

See, told you. Superfluous apostrophes for the win. 

You're welcome 😜

Much better from us today. Murphy got it wrong with Dickenson at LB but thankfully changed it at HT and Stewart barely got a sniff once an actual LB dealt with him. Not only that but it allowed us to get the best from Dickenson. He'll feel unlucky not to have grabbed a double today and a real presence in the second half. 

The first half I thought we were very poor in possession. We gifted Arbroath their goal and there other big chances came from us being sloppy. It was sorted at HT though as Reilly's chance aside I don't think Stewart was ever in any real danger. At the other end we created about as many good chances today as we have all season combined. Really thought we were going to hit with a sucker punch. 

Unlike last week where no one got pass marks, I don't think there were any failures today. Benji going off and Dickenson swapping with him drastically improved us but I didn't think the former was particularly poor. 

Hewitt a massive boost for us and never put a foot wrong. Thought O'Donnell was excellent in the middle and starts ahead of Cochrane for me. Lyon was put further back where he belongs and as a result got more of the ball to influence the game. 

Hopefully no more injuries and we can build on this.