⚫⚪ Queen's Park vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪

23 hours ago, Cowshed said:

No drum allowed, will the stadium collapse if a drum is hit to hard ?

The only people wanting a drum at the football is the drummer and his wee plooky mates. Everyone else hates that nonsense.

Think yesterday highlights the importance of Dom Thomas. Not at his brilliant best, but scores the winner. So much underrated dig as well. I hope we’re working on a new contract. 

I’m looking for the team to be improving at this stage and they took a massive leap forward yesterday. Individually they all won their contests and tactically Davidson and his team won hands down. Just the final finishing that needs a polish and then continuous work on consistency. Once the goals start flowing, and they will, we should be challenging at the top end of the table. Without a dead shot striker the wing backs and midfield will be the main source of goals collectively and both those areas looked very strong yesterday. We saw last week good use of the channels, but that was a second division team. Yesterday we had a seasoned championship team and we still found the space. 

One of the main reasons we’ll have a better season is when I look at the squad of players not being used just now, including the injured list, we’ll have a bench each week where players can come on and make a difference. We really missed that depth last season. And with a comfortable amount of choice in defence, I look forward to Jack Thomson charging at defences again. Soon I hope.

MotM: lots to choose from; Niko looking very composed for the first time yesterday and he and Murray look a tight fit. But the two game changers for me yesterday were Cammy Kerr and Josh Scott. Josh still has a bit to learn in his defensive game, especially positioning and anticipation, but he’s dynamite going forward. Cammy is probably the most rounded player in the team at the moment and he gets the rosette this week. As well as his game contribution, youngsters like Scott, Duncan and Mauchin will learn a lot from Kerr.

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Btw If such things exist, please release the Dom Thomas celebrating in front of seething away support photos. 

I would like to see the Zac booking. I thought that he had stood on the ball and lost his balance without claiming a penalty. On the other hand I could be completely wrong. 

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I would like to see the Zac booking. I thought that he had stood on the ball and lost his balance without claiming a penalty. On the other hand I could be completely wrong. 

I thought the same. 9 bookings was ridiculous; maybe one bad tackle in the game.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I thought the same. 9 bookings was ridiculous; maybe one bad tackle in the game.

Aye. 18 fouls according to BBC. Some lusty challenges for sure but few that seemed that bad.  A card for every second foul was OTT.