Livi v Accies

Hopefully a chance to continue our half decent form of late. 10 days or so of rest, more for those who missed the Didy cup game, should perhaps mean we have a couple coming back in from injury.

Be interesting to see how Smith and Winters  fare in their first game against their boyhood teams. 

Accies to win 2-1. 

If we have aspirations of promotion then this is one we need to win. Accies look like they have a decent team and I think it'll be fairly close. However, I reckon home advantage will see us through. 1-0, Stevie May to slot one against his former club. 

Not too confident for this one or this upcoming month in general I think we've got 3 hard fixtures which we'll struggle to pick up any points from however at the same time it is a league where anyone can beat anyone. Livingston are doing a bit better than what I was expecting them to do so far however I did think a key reason they might have struggled was due to the lack of quality they had in attack particularly their striking options before the season started which they have addressed since by signing Stevie May which although has gotten mixed reactions from Livingston fans I think it will be a really good signing for them and I'm fully expecting him to get double figures for Livingston in the Championship this season if he stays fit for them I always thought they had a good midfield and a good enough defence for the Championship but I did think goals might have cost them. 

With us surely we'll start Longridge in this game over Hendrie apart from that I don't see there being any changes from the Airdrie game Bradley could potentially start over Henderson but apart from that we don't really have anyone else coming back from injury anytime soon expect Kilday who I honestly don't think would improve us from the Airdrie starting 11. Like I've said I'm not confident for this game and would be happy with a draw but I do think it will be Livingston who walk away with the 3 points. 2-0 Livingston 

Yengi is reportedly injured and Sole went off with an injury against Spartans. No idea of their availability for this match but if they're both out then the right attacking slot opens up. Muirhead will probably get it just ahead of Smith who played well last Saturday.

Another possible change from the Raith match could be Montaño for Clarke. Probably Clarke will keep his place as he's done little wrong. Yet Montaño reminded us again just how good he is as an attacking left back last Saturday. It'll be hard to leave him out.

Yengi being out is a good thing, not doubting his commitment but like Shinnie, the way we're playing with those two in the team makes us slow in attack, and i'd rather we played players like Winter, Smith, Muirhead, Lawal and Green. Even having Winter coming on as a sub, he's done well in cup games as an impact sub, was on the pitch 2 mins when he set up Smith for our 2nd goal, and put another good ball across for Lawal to get a shot on goal.

I think we've got good quality throughout our squad, which will serve us well when suspensions and injuries hit, but i would like to see the fringe players getting more game time just now, and not having to wait on players being injured.

11 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Yengi is reportedly injured and Sole went off with an injury against Spartans. No idea of their availability for this match but if they're both out then the right attacking slot opens up. Muirhead will probably get it just ahead of Smith who played well last Saturday.

Another possible change from the Raith match could be Montaño for Clarke. Probably Clarke will keep his place as he's done little wrong. Yet Montaño reminded us again just how good he is as an attacking left back last Saturday. It'll be hard to leave him out.

Poster on another forum thought Sole had cramp, putting his legs up straight and bending his toes back when getting treatment before being subbed off. Said he'd been hanging around a lot with us playing it down the other wing. Whatever it was, hopefully was just precautionary subbing him off.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Poster on another forum thought Sole had cramp, putting his legs up straight and bending his toes back when getting treatment before being subbed off. Said he'd been hanging around a lot with us playing it down the other wing. Whatever it was, hopefully was just precautionary subbing him off.

If Sole is available he'll surely start. On your other comment, Shinnie dropping out is definitely possible given he was subbed early against Raith.

Agreed on Winter, it'll be hard for him because May, Yengi and possibly Muirhead are centre forward competition but more performances like against Spartans will keep him in the picture.

I really liked Lawal's appearance. It was against a tired League Two side so can't put too much stock in it but it was promising. The confidence of both him and Green are great to see. Young players need strong self-belief to force their way into teams.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

If Sole is available he'll surely start. On your other comment, Shinnie dropping out is definitely possible given he was subbed early against Raith.

Agreed on Winter, it'll be hard for him because May, Yengi and possibly Muirhead are centre forward competition but more performances like against Spartans will keep him in the picture.

I really liked Lawal's appearance. It was against a tired League Two side so can't put too much stock in it but it was promising. The confidence of both him and Green are great to see. Young players need strong self-belief to force their way into teams.

Winter and Lawal scoring our opening 2 goals in the reserves 6-1 win over the Pars today, and being subbed at HT. Wonder if they were subbed with a view to being played on Saturday.

24 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Winter and Lawal scoring our opening 2 goals in the reserves 6-1 win over the Pars today, and being subbed at HT. Wonder if they were subbed with a view to being played on Saturday.

Very unusually for me I got to watch about 30 mins of the reserve game earlier. I missed the two goals you refer to saw the last half hour of the first half before I needed to get back to work. I thought Lawal was tremendous in the bit I saw and Green - really like them both and hope to see more of them in the first team.

I was glad to see Lucas Stenhouse playing - my son used to play in teams with Lucas so I’ve seen lots of him and would love to see him make a career of it. He did okay in the spell I saw, taking his goal well but Lawal and Green were the stand outs for me.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Might be more exciting than the prospect of the game, if this thread's anything to go by

Aye the news coverage is pretty shite when you aren't in the top flight, and there canny be any court cases or fresh dirt on Ward or you know who would've been all over the Livi thread, guess no news is good news for Livingston this season. Basically not much to talk about till the football gets going again.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye the news coverage is pretty shite when you aren't in the top flight, and there canny be any court cases or fresh dirt on Ward or you know who would've been all over the Livi thread, guess no news is good news for Livingston this season. Basically not much to talk about till the football gets going again.

Hello 😀

I'll go 2-1 Livi tomorrow ⚽

Edited by Livi