Livi v Accies

We are just not fun to watch. Boring and utterly predictable after 5 minutes. One of the best midfielders in the league and we decide to bypass our midfield every time and punt it long aimlessly. 

Is Shinnie technically a good player? Yes. Do I want him in the team? No. I can't see how we went all summer planning to not have him now he starts every game. 

Simply we are capable of a lot more. 

Edited by Livi La Vida Loca

Really poor game of football so far with not much to talk about we've not had a shot on target yet and Livi have had 1 and hit the post from a Stevie May Free kick. A couple of impressive touches for Shaw and Connor but apart from that it's been quite a dull game so far. Big McGinty error at the end of the half which gave Livi pretty much a open goal which they missed. Would take a point here. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

Wow that was brutal today as mentioned was a pretty shite first half for both times. Livi came out looking a bit better and there goal was coming after that Rankin completely f**ked it with some absolutely clueless changes. Ben Williamson and Todorov generally both look worse than a man down. Not to mention he replaced Connor Smith with Todorov. Also a return to the 4 strikers at one point today which is just embarrassing. Then taking Shaw off and keeping O'Hara on was when I knew there was absolutely zero chance we were walking away with anything  today even though I doubted we would for most of the game. Where was Tumilty for the 3rd goal? By far McGintys worse game for us so far as well but tbf to him he hadn't put much of a foot wrong since he signed. 

With Rankin I genuinely don't think he's gotten much wrong this season so far however he completely cost us today and because of him we were comfortably beaten and he rightfully got criticism at the game. Need to bounce back next week. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Wow that was brutal today as mentioned was a pretty shite first half for both times. Livi came out looking a bit better and there goal was coming after that Rankin completely f**ked it with some absolutely clueless changes. Ben Williamson and Todorov generally both look worse than a man down. Not to mention he replaced Connor Smith with Todorov. Also a return to the 4 strikers at one point today which is just embarrassing. Then taking Shaw off and keeping O'Hara on was when I knew there was absolutely zero chance we were walking away with anything  today even though I doubted we would for most of the game. Where was Tumilty for the 3rd goal? By far McGintys worse game for us so far as well but tbf to him he hadn't put much of a foot wrong since he signed. 

With Rankin I genuinely don't think he's gotten much worse this season so far however he completely cost us today and because of him we were comfortably beaten and he rightfully got criticism at the game. Need to bounce back next week. 

Shaw was limping when he came off

I think we managed to drag Livi down to our level in the first half, but once they started playing some football there was only going to be one winner. We were absolutely pumped and not once looked like troubling Livi. 

Were you to give me a choice between bringing on Todorov while chasing a goal or bringing on Ian McLeod, I'm choosing the latter all day long. 

Boring first half but we were streets ahead in the second. Accies completely fell apart and it could have been more than 3 in all honesty. Clean sheet was the most pleasing aspect of this one. McGowan has been a fantastic signing. He settles our entire defence. 

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think we managed to drag Livi down to our level in the first half, but once they started playing some football there was only going to be one winner. We were absolutely pumped and not once looked like troubling Livi. 

Were you to give me a choice between bringing on Todorov while chasing a goal or bringing on Ian McLeod, I'm choosing the latter all day long. 

Nah that's just how we play the first half of every game, then we wake up and start playing a bit quicker and score a goal.

2nd half subs made all the difference for us too, with Muirhead scoring the next 2, Sole was quick, and Winter is always a good impact sub. Think we've a strong squad with equal quality, or actually better players sitting on the bench, Green and Lawal not even getting on and they're also good players.

Seems Martindale's plan is to huff and puff 1st half and then up the tempo 2nd half and score some goals. Pleasing getting the 3rd, could see the players were knocking it about enjoying themselves after our 2nd goal, and we could've had a few more.

2 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

We are just not fun to watch. Boring and utterly predictable after 5 minutes. One of the best midfielders in the league and we decide to bypass our midfield every time and punt it long aimlessly. 

Is Shinnie technically a good player? Yes. Do I want him in the team? No. I can't see how we went all summer planning to not have him now he starts every game. 

Simply we are capable of a lot more. 

Yeah first half was brutal, a couple of quality attacks but mostly launching aimless long balls up to Accies defenders. Easiest chance was in the first half after a good passage of play, and Shinnie leaning back blasted it over. Good finishes from Pitts and Muirhead though, and Montano was unlucky with his run up the pitch, then header at the back post.

Enjoying our 2nd half performances, just wish we'd score in the 1st half too and stop launching long balls. Delighted with the 3 goals and 3pts though.

Stevie May was tremendous today, what a player. He's the first striker we've had in a long time that feels like an actual striker. Muirhead/Sole immense with their impact, Brandon had a great game. 

Only ones I'd really complain about are Smith and Shinnie, they both looked clueless on the wings devoid of ideas.

54 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Accies fans, did Andy Winter leave you under a bit of a cloud? He celebrated one of our goals towards the Hamilton delegation in the main stand and I swear he shouted something a little naughty

If he was shouting at Zengin and Strain then that makes him my favourite ever Accies player 

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Only ones I'd really complain about are Smith and Shinnie, they both looked clueless on the wings devoid of ideas.

They combined for our best chance in the first half. Shinnie had it harder as Nottingham and Clarke are worse in build up than McGowan and Finlayson are on the other side. I assume Shinnie and Smith were chosen because we'd have to play in front of Hamilton first half. It was known they were going to sit in. Smith and Shinnie are both calm in possession and can play well in the channel, coming in off the wing. 

Second half both supplied May with through passes, again when taking up positions in the channel. It was Smith's pass for May which then broke to Pittman for the opening goal.

Accies came out their shell and pushed their defensive line forward after conceding. That meant we could get down the sides and in behind them. At that point you no longer want Smith and Shinnie but Sole and Muirhead who instead hold the width and exploit the new space that has opened up. 

2-0 going on 4 or 5.

I was sitting with the home fans today and the contrast, pre and post match between  the dugouts was very noticeable- even more so listening to Davie Martindales post match speech in Hospitality.

Let’s  say today showed a real Manager versus an imposter seeing the way Muirhead and Winter played vis- a vis-our subs who were at the minimum equal ability wise.

7 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

2-0 going on 4 or 5.

I was sitting with the home fans today and the contrast, pre and post match between  the dugouts was very noticeable- even more so listening to Davie Martindales post match speech in Hospitality.

Let’s  say today showed a real Manager versus an imposter seeing the way Muirhead and Winter played vis- a vis-our subs who were at the minimum equal ability wise.

Hey it's the first time we've scored more than 2 league goals, don't go chopping one off.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Stevie May was tremendous today, what a player. He's the first striker we've had in a long time that feels like an actual striker.

sad-lonely.gif