🔴⚪️Hamilton Accies vs Thistle🔴🟡 - 28th September 2024

Outcome  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/24 at 14:00

54 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Considering Dools has signed:

Megwa

O’Reilly

Ashcroft

Turner

Roberts.

Chalmers

et al

He’s also kept Graham, Fitzpatrick and Milne.

8 pts out of 21.

Trouble is we’re skint and I doubt we can afford to show him the door. If we weren’t being governed by so-called ‘fan ownership’ , I think he’d be out. 

You can’t moan about being skint when you’ve signed all those players and gave contract extensions to other guys. 

At most football clubs you’d imagine there will be a break clause for club and manager to part ways at a certain point or for an agreed upon amount. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

You can’t moan about being skint when you’ve signed all those players and gave contract extensions to other guys. 

At most football clubs you’d imagine there will be a break clause for club and manager to part ways at a certain point or for an agreed upon amount. 

I’m not moaning about being skint. If we were skooshing the league and heading to a profit it wouldn’t bother me at all.

im just stating that having spent that money can we afford to offload him for someone decent? 

Really important win for us today and one I wasn't expecting going into the game. Was a nervous watch after we scored but that will happen when you are in the championship and great that we managed to hold on. We were much better set up today than the past few weeks and Rankin actually got the subs bang on today (Wasn't too keen that he brought Williamson on at the end but we'll let him off as it was pretty much in stoppage time)

got a bit of a cushion now on teams like Airdrie, Dunfermline and Morton with us winning today and all 3 of them losing. Overall a good day for us and hopefully one we can build on. 

Missed game due to self imposed exile so can't really comment other than, going by previous comments,it seems like a continuation of previous weeks dysfunctional play .

League has all but gone now and the thought of scraping into playoffs, that you know we'll never win,is even more depressing .

You could grow old prematurely following this mob .

BTW well done Accies .

1 hour ago, Moysterclass said:

Whisper it but Rankin has actually made us into quite a hard team to beat... 

We've got a squad that is more than capable of finishing 4th IMO. I'd like to see us believe in ourselves more. Long may the disrespect from other clubs continue whenever we have the audacity to not lose, however. 

Last time we were in this league we had 11 points at new year so we're definitely in much better shape this time round.

50 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We've got a squad that is more than capable of finishing 4th IMO. I'd like to see us believe in ourselves more. Long may the disrespect from other clubs continue whenever we have the audacity to not lose, however. 

Last time we were in this league we had 11 points at new year so we're definitely in much better shape this time round.

I still think we lack a bit of quality and also speed, everything we do is very slow. Although Shaw made the Thislte centre halfs look as though they were pulling trailers.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Our defence is f**king stinking right now. We're not capable of 4th yet but we should be comfortably staying up with Shaw up top.  

The main thing this year is that we stay up which I do think we've shown so far that we're more than capable of doing that. Apart from the past 2 weeks at Livi and Raith and the first 45 at Morton I actually think we've played OK/decent in the rest of the games even the 2 games against Ayr we weren't bad at all we just lost to a decent side in both games. The prize money you get for being in the championship is a lot more than what you get for coming 2nd in League 1 so that will be a boost this year as well if we do stay in the division.

Overall I would be very happy with a mid table finish but I would like to see us go on a decent run in both of the cup competitions we're still in as there is good money to be made. With the challenge cup we are more than capable of going far in that as we even showed in the season we were relegated. I've seen this year the winner gets 100k that ain't bad at all. We do need to be doing much better in the Scottish Cup than we did last season after losing at home to Kelty which meant we were already out before the premiership sides entered.

4 hours ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Dools saying on Jagzone that we have players that can “ cut teams open”

When have we cut any team open this season?

Doolan’s not wrong, we just haven’t done it at all.