Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

😂

Christ. Mate, I know you like to just criticise anything any club does, but at least have a handle on the issue before wasting everyone’s time. 

Try to calm down - take a deep breath and you’ll avoid lashing out next time.

We’re still laughing at Cormack’s “prawcess” and now we’re on to analytics and an algorithm. I love Scottish fitba.

(My take on it?  Some geezer punts in a lot of dosh, picks the next manager. Prawcess and analytics my arse!)

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Whereas Blackpool and QPR have been so well run.

The argument was that finishing above Sunderland was the achievement. If you watched their team during this time, it really wasn’t.

I understand you’re defending your club and maybe it will work out for Hearts in the end. I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The argument was that finishing above Sunderland was the achievement. If you watched their team during this time, it really wasn’t.

I understand you’re defending your club and maybe it will work out for Hearts in the end. I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

The argument was them getting promotion ahead of bigger clubs was a success. You dismissed his biggest achievement because it was behind closed doors and Sunderland were a mess despite the fact Blackpool had also been a club in turmoil and finished ahead of lots if clubs bigger than them.

I'm not defending my club here tbh as promotion from L1 still shouldn't be enough to get the Hearts job IMO, but it doesn't mean he never done a good job purely because it goes against your viewpoint.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

The argument was them getting promotion ahead of bigger clubs was a success. You dismissed his biggest achievement because it was behind closed doors and Sunderland were a mess despite the fact Blackpool had also been a club in turmoil and finished ahead of lots if clubs bigger than them.

I'm not defending my club here tbh as promotion from L1 still shouldn't be enough to get the Hearts job IMO, but it doesn't mean he never done a good job purely because it goes against your viewpoint.

I’ve seen teams like MK Dons, Wycombe and Yeovil all promoted from L1 ahead of bigger clubs before.

It doesn’t mean I’d be rushing to appoint Karl Robinson, Gareth Ainsworth or Gary Johnson.

19 minutes ago, fasda2 said:

We’re still laughing at Cormack’s “prawcess” and now we’re on to analytics and an algorithm. I love Scottish fitba.

(My take on it?  Some geezer punts in a lot of dosh, picks the next manager. Prawcess and analytics my arse!)

Analytics identified Jimmy thelin I believe. 

After we sacked Goodwin Alan burrows spoke quite a bit how we were using such a database to find the new manager, at which time we interviewed thelin before deciding ‘prawcess and analytics my arse’ and appointed Barry Robson. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Analytics identified Jimmy thelin I believe. 

After we sacked Goodwin Alan burrows spoke quite a bit how we were using such a database to find the new manager, at which time we interviewed thelin before deciding ‘prawcess and analytics my arse’ and appointed Barry Robson. 

Aye, process and analytics then the geezer with the money invested picks the next manager. All “analytics” are basically tools to make a decision, that decision is then made by the biggest investor. There are many ways to pick a manager. Most of them end in failure. I don’t believe Hearts or anyone else spins an analytical  process then lives with the output. If they do, good luck to them. 

22 minutes ago, fasda2 said:

Aye, process and analytics then the geezer with the money invested picks the next manager. All “analytics” are basically tools to make a decision, that decision is then made by the biggest investor. There are many ways to pick a manager. Most of them end in failure. I don’t believe Hearts or anyone else spins an analytical  process then lives with the output. If they do, good luck to them. 

Not sure I follow the point. Of course it’s a decision making tool that’s then used by the decision maker. 

It’s meant to inform that decision-making to widen the pool of candidates and be led by relevant information instead of just connections through agents, applications and nice sounding job interviews. 

I get the feeling a lot of people massively overthink managerial appointments. Most managers are various degrees of average and recruitment is far important. As long as you don't appointment a total idiot. A decent manager can look shit with the wrong players. And the at other end an idiot can succeed if he gets lucky with a couple signings.

I knew nothing about Neil Critchley until today but assuming he knows how to coach and has some form of ok personality then he is probably as good an appointment as anyone else realistically available on the planet.

Edited by Turkmenbashi

2 hours ago, Binos said:

Fascinating appointment using the analytics route

Worth a try,  considering the Scottish merry-go-round route has failed for40 years

Speaks a fan whose team has a head coach who has been roundabout the lower league for years yet still continues to punch below his weight……..analytics is the new fad lingo for buying cheap in the hope of cashing in……..whatever happened to the academy conveyor belt they have spent hundred of £000s on as their investment strategy or has that been binned also like the last dozen managers or so. 

41 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Speaks a fan whose team has a head coach who has been roundabout the lower league for years yet still continues to punch below his weight……..analytics is the new fad lingo for buying cheap in the hope of cashing in……..whatever happened to the academy conveyor belt they have spent hundred of £000s on as their investment strategy or has that been binned also like the last dozen managers or so. 

Maybe binned like your academy 

26 minutes ago, Binos said:

Maybe binned like your academy 

Old news as we are back up & running beans old boy…….shame you have a head of academy yet disbanded your under 16s & under 18s for a development squad that he never coaches yet manages on match days assuming he’s not Maybury’s water boy. 

18 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Old news as we are back up & running beans old boy…….shame you have a head of academy yet disbanded your under 16s & under 18s for a development squad that he never coaches yet manages on match days assuming he’s not Maybury’s water boy. 

Until the next time you bin it

We are semi professional 

Hearts are commendably trying something new, rather than Scottish merry-go-round shite

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Until the next time you bin it

We are semi professional 

Hearts are commendably trying something new, rather than Scottish merry-go-round shite

We are hijacking the Jambo thread here by default so I will respect your opinion although agree to disagree, & leave the gorge boyz to argue the toss themselves of the merits or otherwise of this appointment.