The Staggies v The Green Arse Cheek 6/10/24

On 03/10/2024 at 08:18, Staggie52 said:

10th minute added time, Samuel dives for a penalty, VAR misses it, keeper saves but off his line, VAR order retake, in off the post for the winner, seethe….

You can dream…

Need to brush up my predictions 🙁

5 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Disappointing to concede yet another late goal, but can’t fault the players effort today. That was quite something for the £11m man Engels to be the worst player on the pitch by some distance.

A pitch that includes Victor Loturi and Ryan Leak.  

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

A pitch that includes Victor Loturi and Ryan Leak.  

Thought Leak was pretty good today. Lost his man for the 1st goal, which I thought was his only fault. Loturi just runs around like a headless chicken. Not sure what he offers the team. 

Edited by StoneThrowAway

3 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Thought Leak was pretty good today. Lost his man for the 1st goal, which I thought was his only fault. Loturi just runs around like a headless chicken. Not sure what he offers the team. 

Yeah.  I thought he’d be on the way out when Nisbet arrived.  I guess for £100,000 you get a lot of leeway.  

I was a bit harsh on Leak - he’s ten times the player Lamie is.  I just think he’s pretty hopeless on the ball.  

Thought County were very well organised, we look a very different side defensively compared to the start of the season. Celtic seemed to be a couple of gears off it in the first half; if they don't play quick balls they find themselves vulnerable.  They sorted it out in the second half particularly as County fell further and further back. For all the ballyho about recent Celtic acquisitions only Valle stood out for me - he is a magnificent footballer.

3 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

I’d add Chilvers to Loturi - am still far from convinced - but overall a decent team performance. Onward ho! 

Actually thought Chilvers worked his socks off & generally put in a good shift.

5 minutes ago, forkboy said:

It’s funny* how fans can take against players. I’m maybe unreasonable but in my book Chilvers is frequently too slow in playing the ball and often loses possession by thinking he’s smarter than he is. Hopefully he comes good but I’m just not convinced. 

* funny strange not funny ha ha

Edited by Lanky Highlander

11 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Agree, but I would have had him off at HT instead of Denholm.

I don't know if I rate Chilvers or not. He's not exactly been good, but not terrible either...