Clyde FC vs The Spartans - 05/10/2024

Back at NDP for another scintillating afternoon of League 2 association football. Both teams have had disappointing openings to the campaign, Clyde more so (understatement of the century). However, after a reasonably positive draw up at Balmoor the mood isn't completely through the floor, what a novelty! Fitness dependant, I'd go with:

- Hemphrey -

- Houston - Hamilton - McKay - Robson -

- Murdoch - Scullion -

- Rennie - Connell - Redfern -

- Allan -

Ross Lyon unlucky to miss out, but I still feel uneasy starting him ahead of Tommy Robson. I'd also start Jordan Allan, given that he now has a couple of goals the last thing you want to do is slow down any potential momentum. No news on Connell, but if he's fit I'd start him, if not I'd start Connelly. If both are unfit, I'd turn to Robbie Leitch.

After three league defeats on the bounce, we're now unbeaten in three after consecutive draws. For completions sake, hopefully now we crack on with three wins in a row.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably go with the lineup above but R. Lyon ahead of Houston at right back. It's true that Lyon went for the cross and missed it at Peterhead's second but I thought Houston and, in particular, Rennie didn't do anywhere near enough to prevent it coming in to begin with. Otherwise I think Lyon has been good over the last two games. Seems to have a hunger/point to prove that some of those that have stepped down from higher divisions haven't shown.

Connelly has shown the odd flash to suggest he could be an important player for us. Redfern simply has to start though. That's Bayview and Balmoor now where, when we've got the ball to him, he's had his opponent on toast.

Quite encouraged by 135 of the last 180 minutes. A pretty solid 90 away to Peterhead and an opening 45 against Elgin where we dominated and really should have went in ahead were it not for poor finishing. Obvious caveat for the Elgin game though tbf.

They are as physical as any side in the league so we need to match that to some extent. Same team as Peterhead for me, with Redfern replacing Connelly. Possibly D. Lyon for Ray Grant if unavailable.

Sounds like Cuddihy will be back but would keep him in reserve initially. Him and Connell returning would make a massive difference I reckon.