Sons v Stenny Saturday 5th October

52 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not that much force but a clear and completely unecessary kicking action ... scumbag behaviour

on second viewing - absolutely no evidence of Brett hitting against the post. He gets kicked in the back and that's exactly where the injuries is

Edited by CS_Dumbarton

12 hours ago, Ataboy said:

Absolutely nothing in it . You will find the damage was done as he hit the post . He confirmed this himself .

What an amazingly daft lie to tell :lol:

Piss poor from Buchanan, not sure why he's done that to a former team mate, has no intention or chance of winning that ball. Hopefully Long hasn't injured anything seriously and it's just the impact that took him off. 

But let's not kid on that we weren't organisationally terrible for 90 minutes and deserved what we got. 

A master of the dark arts is Bucky. Leaving that game without a booking yesterday as he went through the opposition time and again like a steam train was stunning.

Dumbarton and their band of precious little sausages can cry all they want but it won't make a difference. It's done. Move on and get back to doubting the manager again. It's what you do as a fanbase. You don't deserve a decent side on the park if I'm being honest. 

You're out of your depth at this level and I take a lot of joy in saying this.

11 hours ago, kenrobell said:

Funny that because he was on sideline pointing out Buchanan had kneed him in the back 

I think he was walking about with a wee hot water bottle looking for sympathy . 

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Not enough of an obvious kicking motion to alert the ref but enough force to batter Long off the post. Top shithousery.

For real? The ref has had a shocker. Not a chance you could possibly "miss" that. He's got there and then followed through in his motion. p***k.

Someone said to me yesterday that apparently the two of them didn't really get on the best during his time with us. Buchanan has always been a bit of a c**t and it showed yesterday.

Shame we were so shite that we lost the game, because Stenny looked pretty average, but we made it comfortable for them. The red card would have made a difference but we went on to show very little in what was easily our worst performance of the season.

I think Faz got it wrong with a couple of things yesterday. I don't think Stenny was the team to, "give us possession" to. They were there to get at, and we showed nothing, with a number of our players showing their worst performances of the season, by some distance.

I also think he should have kept Lynas on the park, put Carlo further forward and taken off Millar at half time. I agreed with bringing on Orsi, but we lost the composure of Carlo further up the park.

3 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

For real? The ref has had a shocker. Not a chance you could possibly "miss" that. He's got there and then followed through in his motion. p***k.

Someone said to me yesterday that apparently the two of them didn't really get on the best during his time with us. Buchanan has always been a bit of a c**t and it showed yesterday.

Shame we were so shite that we lost the game, because Stenny looked pretty average, but we made it comfortable for them. The red card would have made a difference but we went on to show very little in what was easily our worst performance of the season.

I think Faz got it wrong with a couple of things yesterday. I don't think Stenny was the team to, "give us possession" to. They were there to get at, and we showed nothing, with a number of our players showing their worst performances of the season, by some distance.

I also think he should have kept Lynas on the park, put Carlo further forward and taken off Millar at half time. I agreed with bringing on Orsi, but we lost the composure of Carlo further up the park.

Why are you so angry buddy? It's just a game of football.

Anyone endorsing the introduction of Kalvin Orsi tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of the game. The epitome of sand dancer. I was delighted when he came on at half time.

As poor a manager as Faz is, credit should be given to Gary Naysmith.

We were down to the bare bones squad wise and the way he set us up was very clever.

We were not going to be fancy on the ball or look for passing patterns - we were going long because we had the obvious knowledge of Dumbarton having no physicality in the centre back areas. A kiddy who looked out his depth partnered with a full back - who was later sent off after being rag dolled one last time by Matty Aitken.

Aitken dominated all day and we played Euan O'Reilly and Matty Yates narrow off that knowing Aitken was going to do what he done. Almost a diamond in midfield, which has its own pitfalls in terms of conceding the wide areas but it was more than enough to deal with what was in front of us.

Naysmith has shown a lot of flexibility in previous weeks and this was another string to his bow. He really understands the game well and is one of a few excellent managers in this league.

7 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Why are you so angry buddy? It's just a game of football.

Anyone endorsing the introduction of Kalvin Orsi tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of the game. The epitome of sand dancer. I was delighted when he came on at half time.

😂 Very good.

Put the fishing rod away, for once, Neilly.

The ref saw the kick apparently, but let it go because “the ball was there to be won.” Which is surely a defence for just kicking anyone, so long as they have the ball.

Imo we had a referee who is used to VAR taking the big decisions and, ultimately, he wasn’t paying enough attention. It’s cowardly nonsense from Buchanan, but also really stupid. Stenny were well on top and with another ref would’ve been down to 10 men after 20 minutes. It’s also the sort of red mist moment we saw from him a few times at us, albeit normally when we were losing a game. I remember a 6-2 at Falkirk where he was getting the run around and went to absolutely do some Falkirk player. Somehow escaping with a booking despite everyone in the stadium knowing it was a red. He’s got a bit of the Graeme Shinnie ability to avoid punishment.

Ultimately though it went on to have no impact on the result. Aside from 5 minutes or so around when we scored, Stenny were dominant throughout. They posed a bigger threat, Kinlay Bilham was superb as a stand in centre-half and we didn’t really create anything much of note in the second-half.

Defensively we were totally lost without Durnan. Nobody opened their mouth to organise, and Stenny won the first ball from near enough every set piece. Matty Yates’ deliveries were excellent, but Stenny just attacked the ball far, far more aggressively than anyone did for us.

After a strong start we’ve lost our way. Yesterday we looked like a team winless in the league for the first time all season, and our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot is unreal. Four red cards (albeit one that was a refereeing howler) this season and we’ve conceded penalties in back to back games totally needlessly. We don’t make little mistakes. They all lead to game changing moments.

Stenny also looked so much more streetwise than us. We’re like a naive team. We don’t know how to win fouls, we just lose the ball. We don’t know how to sensibly keep possession, we just lose the ball. We don’t know how to rough people up and get away with it, in the way Bucky (and Matty Aitken to a degree once he stopped just looking for fouls and started bullying Cammy Clark) do. 

A week off might do us good, but it’s another week without a win. And if that stretches into November then Faz might start to find major questions being asked of him.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

A confidence-sapping defeat for the Sons, our lack of leaders across the park was never more apparent than yesterday. Stenhousemuir were the polar opposite.

Mark Durnan needs to be back in that team pronto. Lack of pace aside, we need the older heads in the squad to step up and assume some responsibility to push us forward through a difficult spell.

There is at least some talent throughout our ranks - we saw it in some of the season's earlier matches but it's in danger of being snuffed out completely by a lack of confidence and poor decision making.

35 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Stenny also looked so much more streetwise than us. We’re like a naive team. We don’t know how to win fouls, we just lose the ball. We don’t know how to sensibly keep possession, we just lose the ball. We don’t know how to rough people up and get away with it, in the way Bucky (and Matty Aitken to a degree once he stopped just looking for fouls and started bullying Cammy Clark) do. 

I mentioned this yesterday. I think every side we have played against in this league (missed Inverness) have looked better in this department than us. It's hard to show certain aspects of it when we've rarely been ahead in games but the one I can think of, Alloa at home, we threw it away. We seem to have lost that raw dig and desire from the first few matches since the suckered punch conceded to Annan in injury time, which is a big concern. We need a big swing in the second quarter. I don't really think we can use experience as the excuse either because the majority of our squad have plenty experience at this level and know what it takes.

On another note, is Durnan suspended for any further matches for his straight red? The thought of being without Durnan, Clark and Long doesn't bode well for a team that lacked any kind of leadership yesterday. Albeit, Clark never really showed much of that yesterday.

13 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I mentioned this yesterday. I think every side we have played against in this league (missed Inverness) have looked better in this department than us. It's hard to show certain aspects of it when we've rarely been ahead in games but the one I can think of, Alloa at home, we threw it away. We seem to have lost that raw dig and desire from the first few matches since the suckered punch conceded to Annan in injury time, which is a big concern. We need a big swing in the second quarter. I don't really think we can use experience as the excuse either because the majority of our squad have plenty experience at this level and know what it takes.

On another note, is Durnan suspended for any further matches for his straight red? The thought of being without Durnan, Clark and Long doesn't bode well for a team that lacked any kind of leadership yesterday. Albeit, Clark never really showed much of that yesterday.

Durnan will be back for Arbroath afaik, only be a one match ban for denying a goalscoring opportunity I think.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Anyone endorsing the introduction of Kalvin Orsi tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of the game. The epitome of sand dancer.

I honestly can’t see why so many Sons fans think Orsi is a player, I have watched him for I reckon must be 4 seasons and his contribution is virtually zero,

3 goals since his arrival and his delivery in the attacking third is diabolical. 
God knows why The 🤡 swapped him for Lynas at half time, can anyone enlighten me on why he made this decision?

19 minutes ago, Laurie Williams Loyal said:

I honestly can’t see why so many Sons fans think Orsi is a player, I have watched him for I reckon must be 4 seasons and his contribution is virtually zero,

3 goals since his arrival and his delivery in the attacking third is diabolical. 
God knows why The 🤡 swapped him for Lynas at half time, can anyone enlighten me on why he made this decision?

I disagree I think squad has missed his creativity last few games …. We are constantly trying to rely on Ruth scoring aswell seeing certain patterns now that are concerning no centre back partnership and terrible at defending set pieces seem to alway concede in first 15 mins before we actually try to play 

Edited by kenrobell

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

A master of the dark arts is Bucky. Leaving that game without a booking yesterday as he went through the opposition time and again like a steam train was stunning.

Dumbarton and their band of precious little sausages can cry all they want but it won't make a difference. It's done. Move on and get back to doubting the manager again. It's what you do as a fanbase. You don't deserve a decent side on the park if I'm being honest. 

You're out of your depth at this level and I take a lot of joy in saying this.

Maybe this is my misunderstanding, but I always thought ‘the dark arts’ implied a level of subtlety and guile, neither of which were apparent in Buchanan’s ‘challenge’ on Long. It’s a shame, I always quite liked him as a player, even after he left us, but that was poor.

Anyway, fair play to Stenny for making a decent start in League 1. Hopefully we’ll start getting some more points on the board soon. I think there’s more to come from this team if they can regain their confidence.