Where can the EOSFA/L improve?

As the title says, where can the EOS improve? I don't mean clubs specifically but the overall league/association.

I'm involved with a club in the league - and arguably have ideas well beyond my station - but think there are so many wee things that EOSFL does really poorly and, while they probably seem like inconsequential things, they do stack up.

Even down to simple things like results being shared on a hand-written bit of paper looks incredibly amateur and, IMO, there's absolutely zero excuse when volunteers at clubs across the country can fire out actual graphics (be it bespoke or templates from Canva etc) throughout games.

Things like live streaming cup draws (or even posting pre-recorded videos of them) can help get some additional eyeballs on them instead of it, effectively, being left to clubs to share the details themselves - could you imagine if the SFA just left it to clubs to let fans know who they had drawn in the Scottish Cup?

Social media is another one. I can't help but feel that it's a bit of an inconvenience to the league to actually update their socials beyond the odd matchday post and a flurry of retweets that all get done within a matter of minutes and means any shared posts kinda get lost in the shuffle.

There's a lot more I think can be improved but I'm curious to see what others think.

2 hours ago, General Dread said:

As the title says, where can the EOS improve? I don't mean clubs specifically but the overall league/association.

I'm involved with a club in the league - and arguably have ideas well beyond my station - but think there are so many wee things that EOSFL does really poorly and, while they probably seem like inconsequential things, they do stack up.

Even down to simple things like results being shared on a hand-written bit of paper looks incredibly amateur and, IMO, there's absolutely zero excuse when volunteers at clubs across the country can fire out actual graphics (be it bespoke or templates from Canva etc) throughout games.

Things like live streaming cup draws (or even posting pre-recorded videos of them) can help get some additional eyeballs on them instead of it, effectively, being left to clubs to share the details themselves - could you imagine if the SFA just left it to clubs to let fans know who they had drawn in the Scottish Cup?

Social media is another one. I can't help but feel that it's a bit of an inconvenience to the league to actually update their socials beyond the odd matchday post and a flurry of retweets that all get done within a matter of minutes and means any shared posts kinda get lost in the shuffle.

There's a lot more I think can be improved but I'm curious to see what others think.

Results been shared on hand written bits of paper? Where do u see that?

Cup draws are usually made at a league meeting or zoom call. Not something that bothers  me about that.

Sponsorship of the leagues and cups is probably the biggest opportunity.

Some will argue their resistance to the junior cup needs looked at.

15 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Results been shared on hand written bits of paper? Where do u see that?

Cup draws are usually made at a league meeting or zoom call. Not something that bothers  me about that.

Sponsorship of the leagues and cups is probably the biggest opportunity.

Some will argue their resistance to the junior cup needs looked at.

EOSFL's Twitter account. When even the Development Leagues can manage it, there's simply no excuse for the senior divisions to. It's a really poor look from the league and, in all honesty, just comes across as being half-arsed. I've even seen some clubs sharing full results from their divison and updated league tables before the league have scrambled to write down the results.

Sponsorship is a big one and, personally, I think the appearance of the league not particularly caring means any sponsor will spend their cash elsewhere. A quick look at their socials shows some results, RTs of attendances and fixtures for that day. There's little sharing of club content (last I see on Twitter was a post from Sauchie on September 11. Plenty clubs share clips to socials but you'd never know from looking at the league's social media.

Edited by General Dread

34 minutes ago, General Dread said:

EOSFL's Twitter account. When even the Development Leagues can manage it, there's simply no excuse for the senior divisions to. It's a really poor look from the league and, in all honesty, just comes across as being half-arsed. I've even seen some clubs sharing full results from their divison and updated league tables before the league have scrambled to write down the results.

Sponsorship is a big one and, personally, I think the appearance of the league not particularly caring means any sponsor will spend their cash elsewhere. A quick look at their socials shows some results, RTs of attendances and fixtures for that day. There's little sharing of club content (last I see on Twitter was a post from Sauchie on September 11. Plenty clubs share clips to socials but you'd never know from looking at the league's social media.

The league website has the results not written down. We have live scores etc. Results are on the site and tables updated a lot quicker than ersjfa days. Life isn't perfect it's volunteers who do the job

4 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

The league website has the results not written down. We have live scores etc. Results are on the site and tables updated a lot quicker than ersjfa days. Life isn't perfect it's volunteers who do the job

I couldn't care what it was like in the juniors, tbh, it's wholly irrelevant to the EOSFL in 2024. Clubs are all staffed by volunteers too but can manage to do it. The Dev league is done by volunteers too but can manage graphics at 10pm on a Friday night.

The league's scores also aren't live. There were games still showing as having time to be played almost an hour after FT yesterday.

40 minutes ago, General Dread said:

I couldn't care what it was like in the juniors, tbh, it's wholly irrelevant to the EOSFL in 2024. Clubs are all staffed by volunteers too but can manage to do it. The Dev league is done by volunteers too but can manage graphics at 10pm on a Friday night.

The league's scores also aren't live. There were games still showing as having time to be played almost an hour after FT yesterday.

It's live to the point they were updated.

The scores you are talking about is for a competition that is not an eosfl competition.

They update the website quite well which is where I look for scores or results not twitter. Each to their own.

1 hour ago, General Dread said:

I started to respond to you, but computer hung and I’ve lost my response - probably for the best. 

Why don’t you do something you think is better if you think it is easy enough. 

4 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

It's live to the point they were updated.

The scores you are talking about is for a competition that is not an eosfl competition.

They update the website quite well which is where I look for scores or results not twitter. Each to their own.

The EOSFL Premier, First, Second and Third divisions are not EOSFL competitions? 

1 minute ago, General Dread said:

The EOSFL Premier, First, Second and Third divisions are not EOSFL competitions? 

Maybe that's not the best tweet to go on as there's a lad praising it for being so prompt wi the scores.  :lol:

Just now, Casey Jones said:

I started to respond to you, but computer hung and I’ve lost my response - probably for the best. 

Why don’t you do something you think is better if you think it is easy enough. 

I'd be more than happy to. That's exactly the reason I got involved in volunteering at the club three or four years ago. Thought I could offer something that helped move us forward a bit so offered to help.

Just now, General Dread said:

The eosfl games had the scores up  it was South Challenge cup games than it didn't their was only a handful of games for eosfl.

You clearly have a problem with eosfl. If you actually are involved with a club get them to let u go to the league meeting a d propose change and take on the social media role 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

Maybe that's not the best tweet to go on as there's a lad praising it for being so prompt wi the scores.  :lol:

It also looks really amateur. Not sure 6.30pm is particularly prompt when games will have finished almost two hours earlier. Sure I'd seen one of the Premier Division clubs with the results and updated tables on custom graphics half an hour before the league dusted off the pen and paper.

It also looks really amateur. Not sure 6.30pm is particularly prompt when games will have finished almost two hours earlier. Sure I'd seen one of the Premier Division clubs with the results and updated tables on custom graphics half an hour before the league dusted off the pen and paper.

The league table was updated much earlier than that as I was standing looking at it in the chippie at half 5

4 minutes ago, General Dread said:

I'd be more than happy to. That's exactly the reason I got involved in volunteering at the club three or four years ago. Thought I could offer something that helped move us forward a bit so offered to help.

You’re losing me here! If you are referring to volunteering for one club, why not speak to the club directly.

If you are referring to doing stats (attendances/goalscorers) for all/most EoS and LL clubs, then good luck to you. Look forward to your more professional outputs.

5 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

The eosfl games had the scores up  it was South Challenge cup games than it didn't their was only a handful of games for eosfl.

You clearly have a problem with eosfl. If you actually are involved with a club get them to let u go to the league meeting a d propose change and take on the social media role 

October 5 was a league weekend, not SCC.

I don't have any 'problem' with EOSFL. I want to see the league improve and overtake the West in every aspect. If I had a problem with EOSFL, it really wouldn't make any sense for me to volunteer a substantial amount of my time to an EOSFL club.

I'd happily take on the leagues social media role (with a few conditions)

5 minutes ago, General Dread said:

That’s only the guy’s working notes. You sound a bit of an @rse. Guy does stats for EoS and LL voluntarily and collates/produces stats on a monthly basis for all of the leagues (where he can obtain the info). If you think it’s easy to do and you can do it better - fill your boots! 

October 5 was a league weekend, not SCC.

I don't have any 'problem' with EOSFL. I want to see the league improve and overtake the West in every aspect. If I had a problem with EOSFL, it really wouldn't make any sense for me to volunteer a substantial amount of my time to an EOSFL club.

I'd happily take on the leagues social media role (with a few conditions)

To be honest the website has the table updated by half 5 as I usually check all the other results I thr chippie on a Saturday night and I'm usually their by half 5. Don't know or care about twitter.

Not sure if it's a different person who does the social media to the website 

2 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

You’re losing me here! If you are referring to volunteering for one club, why not speak to the club directly.

If you are referring to doing stats (attendances/goalscorers) for all/most EoS and LL clubs, then good luck to you. Look forward to your more professional outputs.

I'm not. I've no interest in recording attendances/goalscorers - that's not an area I've suggested could//needs to be improved. The league's general social media ouput is something I think can be massively improved and is something that can definitely be used to greater effect to try and shine a light on some of the excellent stuff being done by clubs across te region.

Just now, Casey Jones said:

That’s only the guy’s working notes. You sound a bit of an @rse. Guy does stats for EoS and LL voluntarily and collates/produces stats on a monthly basis for all of the leagues (where he can obtain the info). If you think it’s easy to do and you can do it better - fill your boots! 

Again, I've made no reference to the stats stuff. It's more the putting out the scores and the like. The graphics Ryan uses for the attendances are absolutely fine and he does a commendable job on that.

Again, I've made no reference to the stats stuff. It's more the putting out the scores and the like. The graphics Ryan uses for the attendances are absolutely fine and he does a commendable job on that.

Read the website and not twitter then.