Where can the EOSFA/L improve?

It's going to take someone throwing large amount of cash to sponsor a national non-league trophy, even if you regionalise early rounds.

The spfl trust has sparked a little more interest with a £100k prize for the winner.  You won't need to go that high but I think you will need to offer a healthy sum to attract north interest, and it likely needs to be reasonable sums in earlier rounds(maybe from whenever it becomes an open draw).  You also need to cover loss making ties.

Space in the calendar is also a problem, particularly for tier 5 clubs who have a strict deadline to meet. It would need to be a staggered entry so unless we have a heroic run from a lower level club you're not adding too many games in. Even then the latest you could bring in the tier 5 clubs would be at last 64 which is still 6 games for them if they reach the final.

1 hour ago, General Dread said:

Again, what does that have to do with wanting a national non-league trophy introduced? SCC isn't a national trophy.

Are you not going round in circles now bud?

In case you hadn't noticed,I'm sure you had though, there are hundreds of pages of pyramid discussions on the forum. 

It's the same info page after page. 

Wanting a national non league cup has nothing to do wi the EoSFL or association which this topic started out as. 

On 13/10/2024 at 17:42, General Dread said:

As the title says, where can the EOS improve? I don't mean clubs specifically but the overall league/association.

I'm involved with a club in the league - and arguably have ideas well beyond my station - but think there are so many wee things that EOSFL does really poorly and, while they probably seem like inconsequential things, they do stack up.

Even down to simple things like results being shared on a hand-written bit of paper looks incredibly amateur and, IMO, there's absolutely zero excuse when volunteers at clubs across the country can fire out actual graphics (be it bespoke or templates from Canva etc) throughout games.

Things like live streaming cup draws (or even posting pre-recorded videos of them) can help get some additional eyeballs on them instead of it, effectively, being left to clubs to share the details themselves - could you imagine if the SFA just left it to clubs to let fans know who they had drawn in the Scottish Cup?

Social media is another one. I can't help but feel that it's a bit of an inconvenience to the league to actually update their socials beyond the odd matchday post and a flurry of retweets that all get done within a matter of minutes and means any shared posts kinda get lost in the shuffle.

There's a lot more I think can be improved but I'm curious to see what others think.

Have you considered offering your services to the EoSFL to help improve social media/website?  I'm sure they would be all ears especially as you're connected to a member club.

Edited by Burnieman