Accies Vs Morton

2nd time we face Morton at home in a fortnight I can't see there being much optimism from Accies fans after how bad we've been the past few games. I can already tell that because we technically won the second half on Friday Rankin will stupidly start Williamson, Tumilty and Hendrie which will turn out to lose us the game. Williamson and Tumilty were the 2 worse players on the pitch a fortnight ago and have been rotten all season Williamson also looked desperate to get himself sent off on Friday. It's almost a certainly that he'll start O'Hara and leave him on for the full 90 even though it's clear he's lost and needs a few games on the bench for his own good. I can also see him bringing Albinson in for Lyness which I would actually agree with. 

Morton are a team we really should be beating especially at home I would say that we do have a better players than them however the difference here will be the same as it was a fortnight ago Morton will have a gameplan that they're players will buy into and we won't. Imrie will be shouting instructions constantly and Rankin will be standing there in silence looking lost as usual same score as a fortnight ago Accies 0-1 Morton. 

46 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

2nd time we face Morton at home in a fortnight I can't see there being much optimism from Accies fans after how bad we've been the past few games. I can already tell that because we technically won the second half on Friday Rankin will stupidly start Williamson, Tumilty and Hendrie which will turn out to lose us the game. Williamson and Tumilty were the 2 worse players on the pitch a fortnight ago and have been rotten all season Williamson also looked desperate to get himself sent off on Friday. It's almost a certainly that he'll start O'Hara and leave him on for the full 90 even though it's clear he's lost and needs a few games on the bench for his own good. I can also see him bringing Albinson in for Lyness which I would actually agree with. 

Morton are a team we really should be beating especially at home I would say that we do have a better players than them however the difference here will be the same as it was a fortnight ago Morton will have a gameplan that they're players will buy into and we won't. Imrie will be shouting instructions constantly and Rankin will be standing there in silence looking lost as usual same score as a fortnight ago Accies 0-1 Morton. 

😂

52 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Having seen both sides play against Falkirk I can say that Morton are comfortably better than accies...I keep hearing that accies have good players & the managers at fault....I couldn't see any last season & I certainly didn't see any on Friday 

Ian’s deluded mate, he’s forgetting last week in the cup they had a few moments here and there and for the rest it was Morton controlling the game, but he’ll still say Morton were terrible blah blah blah to cover up the cracks of how poor Accies really are 

Edited by Cowshed

13 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

but he’ll still say Morton were terrible blah blah blah to cover up the cracks of how poor Accies really are 

I'm trying to cover up how poor we are? Don't think you read any of my post if that's the case. Both teams were absolutely rank rotten a fortnight ago and I stick with that point. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I would say that we do have a better players than them

Woah… Scott Martin aside, who are these ‘better players’?

14 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Both teams were absolutely rank rotten a fortnight ago and I stick with that point. 

Woaaaah… We were far better than you last time out without playing particularly well. And the first 45 at Cappielow is the most one-sided half of football I’ve watched all season.

If you’d said ‘I really hope we beat Morton, cos we’ve no chance of beating Falkirk/Livi/Partick’, then fair enough… but the idea that you ‘should’ be beating us because you’re better than us isn’t supported by any available evidence…

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Woah… Scott Martin aside, who are these ‘better players’?

Woaaaah… We were far better than you last time out without playing particularly well. And the first 45 at Cappielow is the most one-sided half of football I’ve watched all season.

If you’d said ‘I really hope we beat Morton, cos we’ve no chance of beating Falkirk/Livi/Partick’, then fair enough… but the idea that you ‘should’ be beating us because you’re better than us isn’t supported by any available evidence…

The point I make on us having better players is that Rankin has been heavily backed with the players that he wanted I would imagine our wage bill will be higher than Morton. Imrie is working on scraps but the difference between Imrie and Rankin is that Imrie will get absolutely everything out of his players and Rankin won't. But even then to answer your question I would say guys like Scott Martin (you did mention), Oli Shaw, Connor Smith, Kyle Macdonald, Sean McGinty, Euan Henderson, Jackson Longridge (although he had a bit of a shocker on Friday) would definitely get a game for Morton there's probably a few I would say who have been very poor for us who if they were managed by Imrie they would be much better as well. 

With Morton you look at some of the players they've got Kirk Broadfoot, Niall McGinn and Ali Crawford who do all seem pretty much finished now. Owen Moffat, Arran Lyall and Austin Samuels weren't that good at Dunfermline, Airdrie and Inverness last season and Iain Wilson wasn't seen as good enough at QOTS under Bartley. But I imagine Imrie will get absolutely everything he can out of that squad and will probably overachive with it as he has with Morton the past few seasons. The point I'm making you give Rankin that Morton squad and he gets it relegated no doubt. You give Imrie the Hamilton squad and I would be very interested to see what would happen.

I fully agree with you on the point you made about Morton being milles better than us in the game in August and I said myself on the thread that was made for that game that you can have had the game won at HT on a different day if you had a striker that could score I know since then you've signed Stuparević from Motherwell who scored the pen against us and scored against Raith as well. 

23 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

The point I make on us having better players is that Rankin has been heavily backed with the players that he wanted I would imagine our wage bill will be higher than Morton. Imrie is working on scraps but the difference between Imrie and Rankin is that Imrie will get absolutely everything out of his players and Rankin won't. But even then to answer your question I would say guys like Scott Martin (you did mention), Oli Shaw, Connor Smith, Kyle Macdonald, Sean McGinty, Euan Henderson, Jackson Longridge (although he had a bit of a shocker on Friday) would definitely get a game for Morton there's probably a few I would say who have been very poor for us who if they were managed by Imrie they would be much better as well. 

With Morton you look at some of the players they've got Kirk Broadfoot, Niall McGinn and Ali Crawford who do all seem pretty much finished now. Owen Moffat, Arran Lyall and Austin Samuels weren't that good at Dunfermline, Airdrie and Inverness last season and Iain Wilson wasn't seen as good enough at QOTS under Bartley. But I imagine Imrie will get absolutely everything he can out of that squad and will probably overachive with it as he has with Morton the past few seasons. The point I'm making you give Rankin that Morton squad and he gets it relegated no doubt. You give Imrie the Hamilton squad and I would be very interested to see what would happen.

I fully agree with you on the point you made about Morton being milles better than us in the game in August and I said myself on the thread that was made for that game that you can have had the game won at HT on a different day if you had a striker that could score I know since then you've signed Stuparević from Motherwell who scored the pen against us and scored against Raith as well. 

McGinty hahahahah I’ve read enough after that I can imagine what’s going on in your little brain right now to even think this is an intelligent post that any Morton fan is going to agree with 

Edited by Cowshed

34 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

For the record we have 7 players injured 

Corr, Ballantyne, Samuel’s, Reynolds, Boyes, Mullen, shaw 

if you can’t beat us this time round in what will be your 3rd attempt you have a team full off embarrassing wage stealers 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Ian, man... it's just as well you're not in charge of recruitment at, say, a club in the Scottish Championship...

I'd take Martin, as I said: the rest you - and Rankin - are welcome to (I'd have taken any one of your front three a couple of months ago, because we had literally zero up front, but Stuparevic to start and Samuels off the bench will do me fine).

We can agree that Imrie is a much better manager than Rankin, but I'll leave it to others to reply to your comments about our players: looking forward, in particular, to when @Dunning1874 reads your casual assessment of big Wilson...

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Ian, man... it's just as well you're not in charge of recruitment at, say, a club in the Scottish Championship...

I'd take Martin, as I said: the rest you - and Rankin - are welcome to (I'd have taken any one of your front three a couple of months ago, because we had literally zero up front, but Stuparevic to start and Samuels off the bench will do me fine).

We can agree that Imrie is a much better manager than Rankin, but I'll leave it to others to reply to your comments about our players: looking forward, in particular, to when @Dunning1874 reads your casual assessment of big Wilson...

I do find it a bit interesting that you wouldn't take Shaw considering the fact only Anton Dowds has scored more in the league than him and Shaw is working with dreadful service but fair enough. On Wilson again it seems like you aren't getting my point maybe I've poorly explained it but my point was he wasn't rated at QOTS by Bartley but Imrie seems to be getting the most out of him. On McGinty as I know a couple of Morton have brought him up apart from the odd 1 or 2 mistakes he's been solid for us and been a good signing so far. 

3 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I do find it a bit interesting that you wouldn't take Shaw considering the fact only Anton Dowds has scored more in the league than him and Shaw is working with dreadful service but fair enough. On Wilson again it seems like you aren't getting my point maybe I've poorly explained it but my point was he wasn't rated at QOTS by Bartley but Imrie seems to be getting the most out of him. On McGinty as I know a couple of Morton have brought him up apart from the odd 1 or 2 mistakes he's been solid for us and been a good signing so far. 

He’s keeping the defence solid enough with that -7 GD you’ve got keep up the great work McGinty 

Edited by Cowshed

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Sean McGinty you pal are as Del would say a plonker.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm one of Kirk Broadfoot's biggest critics, but I'd rather have a squad of 22 Broadfoots than that absolute charlatan McGinty.

I too would have agreed with you at the start of the season, but McGinty- bar a couple of games has played well and has needed to.

A good Manager would get more out of Oli Shaw, Henderson, Tumilty, Barjonas,Connor Smith and even the likes of O’Hara and Todorov who has been terrible but we don’t have a good Manager which is why we will go bottom before the end of November if things don’t improve.

Wilson is the case in point for me; a guy who apparently struggled at QOS but who has impressed me with Morton and he and Scott Martin would do a good job against any midfield in this League if they were in the same side.

If I was Imrie here I would go for an early goal as the Accies fans are st the end of their tether and it could boil over the way it did during the Alloa Play Off due to the shambles off the park, in the dugout and on the pitch.

Accies simply have to win here to stop the rot as I can’t see any other wins coming in the games after.

I will wait to see what shambles of a line up he picks before making a judgement.

We have the worst defence in the league but aren't in the relegation zone - clearly our attack has some merit to it, and that won't change no matter how many times folk in this thread plead the contrary. 

However, we've been very blunt recently, with almost no service. This would usually result in a change in tactics, but this is John Rankin so don't hold your breath. 

Rankin seems like a good man manager if a poor tactician. Hopefully he can motivate the team after a run of uninspiring defeats. I think this will be a classic 1-0/2-1 game, very thin margins. I won't dare to predict who will actually win, however!