Singles Of 2005

Colin M

Have just checked Amazon (yes, I am a very sad individual :lol: ) and apparently it was :)

And haven't heard the album yet (won't til it's in the £7 section in Fopp :rolleyes: ) but all the singles off it thus far have been fecking genius :)

It's half produced by Kanye West, which automatically makes it good to me ;) But he has an amazing voice but unlike most of those kinda R&B singers he can actually write the songs to go with it :)

It's half produced by Kanye West, which automatically makes it good to me ;) But he has an amazing voice but unlike most of those kinda R&B singers he can actually write the songs to go with it :)

Yep, I'd asked for 'Late Registration' from Santa, but she hasn't quite mastered internet shopping yet... I might get it as a b'day present :lol:

The thing that I really like about John Legend's stuff (or what I've heard of it, anyways) is that it's a bit closer to classic R'n'B than most other chart stuff (like Usher, Puff Whatereverhe'scallinghimselfatthemoment, Craig Ireallywishiwasamerican David, etc.)

Yep, I'd asked for 'Late Registration' from Santa, but she hasn't quite mastered internet shopping yet... I might get it as a b'day present :lol:

The thing that I really like about John Legend's stuff (or what I've heard of it, anyways) is that it's a bit closer to classic R'n'B than most other chart stuff (like Usher, Puff Whatereverhe'scallinghimselfatthemoment, Craig Ireallywishiwasamerican David, etc.)

Beg steal or borrow Late Registration, it's fantastic. Try and hear Common's "Be" album too, Kanye produced most of that too :)

Agree with you about John Legend, some of the album you can imagine Stevie or Al Green singing those songs, but it's not retro in sound. So much of R&B is total dross, but there's the odd thing that comes through that just sounds amazing. Like oor Amerie :D

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

Bloc Party - Two More Years

Coldplay - Talk

Kano feat Mike Skinner + Leo The Lion - Nite Nite

Hard-Fi - Cash Machine

Those are mines off the top of my head.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived