Olaf's Second Job

Guest Se Draca

23rd May 2009!

Falkirk clinch the treble with a 1-0 Scottish Cup win against Ayr!

Bairns fans are celebrating and proclaim DB as one of the best managers around!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Se Draca

Just started 2004/05 - struggling in the league and have been given a footballing lesson by Real Betis in the UEFA 4-1. However, that away goal could prove useful :D McSween goes from strength to strength. I don't <_<

The board have slashed my xfer budget from 51,000 to 16,000 <_< Ungrateful b*****ds :angry:

FFS, if you play as St. Mirren your transfer budget at the beginning of season 1 is ZERO!!!

Am in my first season, playing as Saints. Have won the diddy cup and am 3rd in the league with 10 games to go :)

Guest Se Draca

In my version of reality - you're down in Division 2. :P

Was there a rumour going around that Ayr had been ranked a bit high. They're sitting on top of the SPL having won Div 1 by 15 points with an unbeaten away record :o

I think the Ayr researcher (Iain?) has been a bit kind to them, half their team are Scotland internationals and have sailed into the SPL without much opposition!

Guest Ruggy Bairn

Downward spiral has started. 8th in the SPL, Sweeny's still f'kin injured, out the league cup to the Buddies, and have the bastart Pars coming up in the Scottish. No sweeny, Lee's unsettled and missing home, and Xausa hasn't scored in 6 games :blink:

What the f'k's goingo on???

The board and fans still love me though, they only expect me to 'bravely fight against relegation' :D

Oh, and Lee Makel's joining in January. B)

DB, what the hell is your secret?? :huh:

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

I got sacked in my first game with clyde after I had failed to win a match in my first 14 games of the season (although i did beat Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen in pre-season friendlies), Hamilton Accies (I think) put me out in the scottish cup. I did try glory hunting with Chelsea but that lasted for about 30 games and the board suggested that i resign due to supporter pressure.

I then went back to Clyde where I am currently 4th in the league with absolutely no money to spend despite selling a few key players. I applied for the kilmarnock job when it was made available and they said that regarding the state of my current club they didn't even consider hiring me. I've tried signing just about everybody on the transfer list for free but none of them want to come.

I am playing a 4-4-2 and as much as I've tried to fiddle with the tactics nothing seems to work. any help greatly appreciated :) .

Guest Se Draca
..any help greatly appreciated :) .

Are you getting any reports of good players in the reserves/U19s - give them a try

Check the flexibility of players - I use an attacking 4-4-2 but am able to switch to 4-3-3 without substitutions if I need to use a bit of pressure (useful in cup games)

Guest Se Draca
I've got it thanks SD. My first season was wuite poor but I've brought Chris Zok into my 1st team and put him on 1st team training and he is now rated at 34 thousand and he is banging in the goals :) Lawire Ellis is also a must buy for 1st division Clubs :)

I need to work out that training lark ;)

St Mirren bankrupt anybody :o We'll see how the game deals with administration

Guest Ruggy Bairn
I think the Ayr researcher (Iain?) has been a bit kind to them, half their team are Scotland internationals and have sailed into the SPL without much opposition!

No doubt about it, there was a barney apparently about it on the cm forum.

It is Iain, and he has been overly kind! :P

I am top of the First, storming along. Darran Thomson is the best player in the First Division! County are marooned at the bottom and Billy Stark just got sacked.

I have also sold Ross Tokey to Wigan for £220,000 and scared River Plate away from Mark Brown by declaring only £250,000 is acceptable! :lol:

I've just taken over the National Side and won the 1st 3 games in charge!

Struggling in my attempts to win the SPL for the 3rd year in a row, had a lot of injury problems. Hope my transfer window signings will inspire me to the title again!

Stadium has been extended to 15500!!

£10 million in the bank!

Does anyone agree that this is the most frustrating game ever :angry:

I got to the semi's of the Scottish cup and drew Hearts. I was winning 4-2 with 10 minutes to go and they scored twice. Then i had a penalty in the last minute and I hit it over the bar. It was 5-5 after extra time and it went to penalties. I scored 2 out of 3 penalties and they had only scored one but they went on to win anyway. I'm still in the 1st division and this is my 2nd season and am second in the league. just signed John Sutton for £80,000 :o so I'll be hoping to go up this season. Do you need 10,000 seats to go up BTW?

Archived