What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

The Stone Roses - Waterfall

I fergot how good this group actually are! :o

569215[/snapback]

Pretty damn good. B)

And there's talk of a revival! :o

Not sure if they'll be able to find Reni though... ;)

It would be fab but i seriously doubt it.

569413[/snapback]

The rumours were that it would happen at Glastonbury, but I think that would have been too soon. John Squire has said he's up for it though... :unsure:

I'm not sure how good they'd still be, right enough. If you like the Roses, check out the excellent tribute band, The Complete Stone Roses, I've seen them twice, two cracking gigs. Only problem was their singer is much better than Ian Brown! :lol:

Guest thebullywee
The rumours were that it would happen at Glastonbury, but I think that would have been too soon. John Squire has said he's up for it though...  :unsure:

I'm not sure how good they'd still be, right enough. If you like the Roses, check out the excellent tribute band, The Complete Stone Roses, I've seen them twice, two cracking gigs. Only problem was their singer is much better than Ian Brown!  :lol:

569421[/snapback]

I will keep an eye out for them. Was Ian Brown up for it?

I will keep an eye out for them. Was Ian Brown up for it?

569423[/snapback]

I think he's said in the past he would be up for it. Either that or he said it recently. I read something about it on the NME website a month or so ago. And MAni has always said he'd be up for it. The whereabouts of Reni are unknown.

Incidentally, I don't read NME as it's full of pish new bands like the Killers, I just got a link to it. ;):ph34r::P

Guest thebullywee
I think he's said in the past he would be up for it. Either that or he said it recently. I read something about it on the NME website a month or so ago. And MAni has always said he'd be up for it. The whereabouts of Reni are unknown.

Incidentally, I don't read NME as it's full of pish new bands like the Killers, I just got a link to it.  ;)  :ph34r:  :P

569427[/snapback]

Cool. I thought that he would have to be well persuaded back.

Yeah sure, if you say so :P

Have to say though, The Killers have a couple of decent tracks on their album :o

Nothing beats The Strokes though (well apart from Coldplay :lol: )

Cool. I thought that he would have to be well persuaded back.

Yeah sure, if you say so :P

Have to say though, The Killers have a couple of decent tracks on their album :o

Nothing beats The Strokes though (well apart from Coldplay :lol: )

569431[/snapback]

Yeah, there are three good songs on the Killers album. But the rest is filler, and they are hyped beyond belief because they are the in-thing at the moment, which annoys me.

Hmmm the Strokes I'm not sure about. I've never really liked the few singles I've heard on the radio, but some of my friends do go on about them being great. A band I should probably get round to listening to, but I've got a load of stuff building up.

Actually, I've got Is This It? sitting here by my computer, one of my pals gave me it ages ago, never got round to listening to it though! :lol:

Not convinced about the Roses reunion, but I'll go and see them if it happens.

Guest thebullywee
Yeah, there are three good songs on the Killers album. But the rest is filler, and they are hyped beyond belief because they are the in-thing at the moment, which annoys me.

Hmmm the Strokes I'm not sure about. I've never really liked the few singles I've heard on the radio, but some of my friends do go on about them being great. A band I should probably get round to listening to, but I've got a load of stuff building up.

Actually, I've got Is This It? sitting here by my computer, one of my pals gave me it ages ago, never got round to listening to it though!  :lol:

Not convinced about the Roses reunion, but I'll go and see them if it happens.

569434[/snapback]

You should put it in just now. Great album. Their second one isn't all that great but still better than the killers etc...

You should put it in just now. Great album. Their second one isn't all that great but still better than the killers etc...

569445[/snapback]

Different kind of music from the Killers though, no? None of this 80s electro pish. :P

I've got the new Brendan Benson album on just now. Another band that the same friend lent me originally, I now have all three albums. Pretty good stuff.

Guest thebullywee
I've got the new Brendan Benson album on just now. Another band that the same friend lent me originally, I now have all three albums. Pretty good stuff.

569451[/snapback]

TBH i have never heard of him :unsure:

TBH i have never heard of him :unsure:

569455[/snapback]

I had heard the name, but knew nothing about him (as I thought). It's actually a band from Detroit, although the lead singer is called Brendan Benson.

My music friend just picked a few albums up at Fopp for a fiver randomly, one of them happened to be Lapalco by BB, the second album. It was really well received by the critics, but didn't sell all that much I don't think. One of the songs was in the Q magazine top 1000 singles ever, or something. Tiny Spark.

I bought the others straight away, his new one is not long out.

I'm going to see him in Virgin in Glasgow on Thursday, he's doing a wee signing and acoustic set.

Guest thebullywee
I had heard the name, but knew nothing about him (as I thought). It's actually a band from Detroit, although the lead singer is called Brendan Benson.

My music friend just picked a few albums up at Fopp for a fiver randomly, one of them happened to be Lapalco by BB, the second album. It was really well received by the critics, but didn't sell all that much I don't think. One of the songs was in the Q magazine top 1000 singles ever, or something. Tiny Spark.

I bought the others straight away, his new one is not long out.

I'm going to see him in Virgin in Glasgow on Thursday, he's doing a wee signing and acoustic set.

569465[/snapback]

Might take a look and see if he is up to much