What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom (album)

Although I loved Wyatt's version of Shipbuilding I never delved any further into his music until I got this album yesterday. Currently onto the last track which is pretty amazing anyway but at 3minutes 40 seconds of 'Little Red Robin Hood Hit The Road' up pops the mighty Ivor Cutler. Anything involving Scotland's finest poet is a winner in my mind. :)

Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom (album)

Although I loved Wyatt's version of Shipbuilding I never delved any further into his music until I got this album yesterday. Currently onto the last track which is pretty amazing anyway but at 3minutes 40 seconds of 'Little Red Robin Hood Hit The Road' up pops the mighty Ivor Cutler. Anything involving Scotland's finest poet is a winner in my mind. :)

All his albums were remastered and reissued a couple of months ago. His last one Comicopera was one of the highlights of 2007, it's well worth checking out. I "discovered" him really after he appeared on a couple of tracks on Ultramarine's album United Kingdoms from 1993 - a buried treasure of that era.

Props to Nizzy for the ever excellent choice above B)

Mogwai - The Sun Smells Too Loud

Been looking at the bizarre song titles thread in Top 5's, may peruse further to find a few more things to listen to.

Or look for some neddy 'choons' on YouTube...

Edit: Now listening to Mogwai - I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead

Edited by Lordofthewing