What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

The most over-rated album of all time is Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys.

Stone Roses are cracking.

JP - Michael Stipe is probably my favourite lyricist/singer of all time, REM are the only band I have a complete collection of. Funny you should mention it as he is one of the singers to have mentioned Horses by Patti Smith as his reason for getting into music. Big Star are great, one of those bands who sold hardly anything, but everyone who did buy their albums went straight out and formed their own bands, as influential as other under-selling bands such as Velvet Underground.

Guest Michael Jordan
I am listening to Daughter by Pearl Jam at the moment. For me the most under-rated band of the last 15 years, purely because they were pigeon holed with the grunge era. Anyone who owns their last few albums will tell you how ungrunge they actually are. Its just the lack of publicity that seek that stops them being a big name these days.

Pearl Jam are Immense. Listening to 'Pilate' on Yield right now. My favourite band that are still together, I have all their studio albums, and recently got Lost Dogs (B sides & rareities album) and a DVD of them live at Madison Square Garden. I don't know how how they were ever labelled as grunge, even Ten and Vs. aren't that grungey.

I actually like their newer 'ungrunge' stuff better, to listen to as a whole album anyway. Noticed someone earlier on this thread said that Yield is their poorest album, I think after Ten it is on a par with Riot Act for their second best Album. I would say that Vitalogy is their poorest album, it doesn't seem to all come together like Riot Act and Yield do, I find it hard to listen to the whole thing without skipping tracks.

it's unbelieveble they aren't more famous here, just shows how effective PR is in music these days.

Has anyone heard Enya's new song with Puff Daddy?

Enya is also utter gash.

A poor poor attempt at the mighty Cocteau Twins IMO

Guest IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER..ICT

SWEET CHILD OF MINE...and gettin feckin texts from me single mates camped out at Donnington..as if I am jealous....BESTARDS

SWEET CHILD OF MINE...and gettin feckin texts from me single mates camped out at Donnington..as if I am jealous....BESTARDS

The first concert I ever went to (giving away the age a bit here) was to see Guns' at Donnington in 1988.

110,000 crowd, video screen scaffolding at the side of the stage collapsing into the crowd, huge (and I mean fucking scary) crushes and two people trampled to death.

Such fond memories.

Guest mrs stainrod

Best concert ever been to was the Stone Roses at Glasgow Green in 1990.

Brilliant!! "She Bangs the Drums" - best track.

If you didn't see them live, you can't comment on them being overrated!! ;)