What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

U16 Girls - Travis

Genius.

Settle Dubya. I don't think that you should be using the word "genius" in the same post as Travis. (Just my opinion Travis fans)

Now It's On - Grandaddy :D

Settle Dubya. I don't think that you should be using the word "genius" in the same post as Travis. (Just my opinion Travis fans)

Now It's On - Grandaddy :D

That particular song is terrific. You can't beat a song about underagers.

Stockholm Syndrome - Muse

Edited by dubya

Guest SaintGareth

I have started to really like them as of late, yes. :D

Bullets - Editors

What a tune this is too.

Yeh, not bad.

U16 Girls - Travis

Genius.

See your boys went to #1 today ;)

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Looks like the Arctic Monkeys album is going to become the fastest selling debut rock album of all time. It's apparently going to beat Definitely Maybe by 4 to 1 :o

Frontline by Captain. Beautiful, beautiful genius :D

Looks like the Arctic Monkeys album is going to become the fastest selling debut rock album of all time. It's apparently going to beat Definitely Maybe by 4 to 1 :o

Absolute disgrace. They've no style, panache, talent or attitude. And their cover of "Love Machine" was gash.

Why the public are going mad for a bunch of greasy-haired Sheffield schleppers with no choons will remain a mystery to me.

Absolute disgrace. They've no style, panache, talent or attitude. And their cover of "Love Machine" was gash.

Why the public are going mad for a bunch of greasy-haired Sheffield schleppers with no choons will remain a mystery to me.

I think you are being a touch harsh. For their age they seem to have a fairly good talent, and they certainly have attitude. However it is hard to like a band when the whole world and their wife is telling you they are great.

I like them because of the lyrics, Certain Romance is written in a way that it should appeal to all the common people out there (especially people in Peterhead! :P) In fact, although not on a par with Jarvis' pensmith, that track does speak in a similar tone.

I think you are being a touch harsh. For their age they seem to have a fairly good talent, and they certainly have attitude. However it is hard to like a band when the whole world and their wife is telling you they are great.

I like them because of the lyrics, Certain Romance is written in a way that it should appeal to all the common people out there (especially people in Peterhead! :P) In fact, although not on a par with Jarvis' pensmith, that track does speak in a similar tone.

Nah, I don't think he's being harsh. They really are shit.

Looks like we will need to agree to disagree on that one. Strangely though, the bootleg studio recordings that were kicking about some time ago are, imo, better than the properly produced album.

Guest SaintGareth

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Well, no one else agrees. Half the population will be buying the fucking album as we speak. They are tremendous.

There There - Radiohead

I purchased the album this morning but i am refusing to listen to it because i'm off to see them on saturday night and i don't want to get fed up with them. Everytime i turn on the TV or radio they are on it. Even Victoria Fucking Newton ( showbiz editor of the S*n) is on the bandwagon and thats not a good sign.

The album is excellent and well worth a listen but i was listening to OK Computer in the car on my way to work and, despite what some people say, it is definitely not up to that standard of album. Still excellent though :D

Hanging Around by The Stranglers :ph34r::D

I purchased the album this morning but i am refusing to listen to it because i'm off to see them on saturday night and i don't want to get fed up with them. Everytime i turn on the TV or radio they are on it. Even Victoria Fucking Newton ( showbiz editor of the S*n) is on the bandwagon and thats not a good sign.

The album is excellent and well worth a listen but i was listening to OK Computer in the car on my way to work and, despite what some people say, it is definitely not up to that standard of album. Still excellent though :D

Hanging Around by The Stranglers :ph34r::D

I read the Metro on the train this morning - they gave it 5 stars.

What do these Arctic Monkeys sound like? The album has been universally praised, I'm quite intrigued :)

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I read the Metro on the train this morning - they gave it 5 stars.

The NME gave it 10/10. The only album that i can recall been given 10/10 by the NME is Community People by Asian Dub Foundation (remember them?) and that was about 6 years ago.

I would give it a 9/10 and i'll give them a live review on sunday when i get back from the gig if anyones interested.