Scottish Team = Scottish Players

Guest Annfield Red

Guest Annfield Red

Today, Av heard that now Stefan Klos, Amoruso and some other foreign geezer, having been in our country for five years can apply for British Citizenship. That's fine no probs with that.

But to tout these players for the Dark blue is wrong.

Now there is no denying that these players are good, esp. Klos, but it ain't right. Sure we are maybe no blessed with the best players in the world but they are Scottish first and foremost and to me I would rather support Scotland wi Douglas in goals than Klos for example.

These is no doubt that Klos is a better keeper than Douglas, but Rab is Scottish and that counts in my book. I will support who ever pulls on the dark blue but things are going a bit too far.

Why do you even take an interest in international football if that is your opinion on the Scotland team.

Crawford and Dickov any day please.

Guest Annfield Red
Why do you even take an interest in international football if that is your opinion on the Scotland team.

Crawford and Dickov any day please.

I am lost by ur comments. :unsure:

Or maybe I just didn't make myself clear. The only people I want to see wearing the dark blue, are Scottish players.

Not Klos, not Agathe, not Amoruso. But Crawford, Mcfaddy, Fletch etc. :)

Ahhhh deky you are obviously new here, there are plenty people here who prefer us to be all foreign and win............ ofcourse not me, i wouldnt even have people who moved here when they were older than 5 in the team.

Guest Annfield Red
Born in Scotland = Scottish

Not born in Scotland = Not Scottish

Simple as, none of this my Gran is Scottish pish.

Fantastic, Well said. B)

Born in Scotland = Scottish

Not born in Scotland = Not Scottish

not so sure that its as clear cut as that. scottsih parents, scottish grand-parents, born in england but live all your life in scotland- are you scottish or english?

It is very confusing because of the fact we are all actually British, which is why i reluctantly accept that people who were born in England and things could play for us, as long as they have scottish grandparents or parents. However that doesnt count for people who are foreign, and came to play for a scottish club. If a team elsewhere wanted to buy them for more money theyd be away like a shot, none of this i love scotland its now my home crap.

international football is supposed to be the best players from each country competing against each other. If that means scotland are shite, then we need to do something about it at youth level etc. not look for a quick fix with foreign players.

This is yet another move by the big nations to corner the world cup

Their leagues will always attract the best players so their teams will always get better. nations such a Holland and Belgium with a colonial past may aslo benefit.

The smaller nations including scotland will need to cap players at a young age or a player such as dennis Law could have played for Italy

I am lost by ur comments. :unsure:

Or maybe I just didn't make myself clear. The only people I want to see wearing the dark blue, are Scottish players.

Not Klos, not Agathe, not Amoruso. But Crawford, Mcfaddy, Fletch etc. :)

I confused myself. Don't think that reply was meant for you.

Someone deleted their comment me thinks.

Anyway i agree Scottish team- Scottish players.

You are all stuck in the dark ages:

Half the French team is African,

Half the Dutch team is Surinamese,

Half the Irish team is English,

A good portion of the German team is African/South American/Polish/Turkish,

The Italians have always had a sprinkling of South Americans as have the Portugese

The Swiss & Belgians have taken greatadvantage of the naturalisation rule for years playing Africans, South Americans and Turks.

etctetcetcetcetc.............................

Why do We in Scotland think we are above doing this when the rest of the world does it? It' s arrogance and its also ridiculous.

If Agathe, Thompson, Klos etc want to play for Scotland, we should welcome them with open arms.

Because as soon as we do that FIFA will force us to have a British national team cause they hold a British passport and not a SCOTTISH one. In the short term it would mean that the English could pick the best Scottish, N. Irish and Welsh players because they would hold a British passport.

Hmmmmm, can't agree with you on that one. Although I think that if every other team is doing it then it's fair enough for the subject to be raised.

I don't think it is arrogance that we want only Scots to play Scotland, it's a case of people voicing a natural opinion that they want their nations football players to represent the nation and it's nationality.

[edit] .. oops, that was a "I can't agree with you albionrover", not you raving :) [/edit]

Why do We in Scotland think we are above doing this when the rest of the world does it? It' s arrogance and its also ridiculous.

If Agathe, Thompson, Klos etc want to play for Scotland, we should welcome them with open arms.

You're havering man!

To play Klos et al would make a mockery of the international system and should be resisted - strongly.

Bloodline through granny's and granpaw's is just about bearable, but to watch what in effect would be a Scottish League select is not on.

Despite the decline of the national team, caused in the main by importing foreigners in the first place, we should stick to Scots. Full stop.

Germany's goalkeeper in the late 70's early 80's was Dutch. Christian Vieri is Australian. John Barnes is Jamaican. Leonardo (Japan) is Brazilian. Mehmet Scholl is Turkish. Patrick Vieria is Senegalese. Deco is Brazilian. Ray Houghton is Scottish. Keven Kuranyi is Venezualan fir f**k's sake. Ciriaco Sforza is Italian.

Kubilay Turkilmaz is Turkish. Muzzy Izzet is English. Berti Vogts is German. Erikkson is Swedish.

Why do we have to be stuck in the dark ages? You ought to get off your high horses and dispense with your romantic notions about 'pulling on the dark blue jersey'. Those days are long gone. :ph34r:

Germany's goalkeeper in the late 70's early 80's was Dutch. Christian Vieri is Australian. John Barnes is Jamaican. Leonardo (Japan) is Brazilian. Mehmet Scholl is Turkish. Patrick Vieria is Senegalese. Deco is Brazilian. Ray Houghton is Scottish. Keven Kuranyi is Venezualan fir f**k's sake. Ciriaco Sforza is Italian.

Kubilay Turkilmaz is Turkish. Muzzy Izzet is English. Berti Vogts is German. Erikkson is Swedish.

Why do we have to be stuck in the dark ages? You ought to get off your high horses and dispense with your romantic notions about 'pulling on the dark blue jersey'. Those days are long gone. :ph34r:

Excellent research there young man. Still does not make a strong enough case for me.

Dark ages? Not a bit of it. We should concentrate on growing our own to be properly coached on how to play the game.

We've never really had a strong international side ; good individual players, but never a good team.

That said, bringing in foreigners should be resisted. Of course it should.

And this is not a high horse, just a passionate view from a patriot in terms of football.

Vogts will advocate - strongly - bringing in Amoruso and others, but that only reinforces the now majority view that the wee man is a crap coach. Players are one thing and so is the ability to organise.

McVogts is a disaster. Bin him now.

Vogts could only clutch at straws at his post-match press conference. "What can I do?" he said.

"Resign? "Maybe it would make it easier if I go home but I am not going to."

Damn shame. Piss off Berti.

Why should they be gone? As God (ie. Christian Dailly) said yesterday, I'd rather have 11 Scots playing for us and lose every game than watching foreigners play for Scotland.

Vogts is doing alright as it is - as he said what can he do?

Guest dirtybasturk
Vogts is doing alright as it is - as he said what can he do?

Vogts is doing alright? We were outplayed by a Welsh team - most of whom play at the same level as our team. It is unacceptable that Paul Ritchie can mark Earnshaw out of a club match, but is unable to do it while playing for Vogts.

Whether it's tactics or motivation it is down to Vogts. That is why he is paid 500k a year. He's paid to know what to do, not to look around vacantly when his team falls apart in front of his eyes.

Archived