N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

For any Bay area supporters, the San Jose Sharks looked excellent in a 4-1 win over the Ducks.

Die. <_<

Ducks were absolutely dire. Seven minors, PK was terrible, no one crashed the net, Moen is not a first-liner, and the enforcers didn't answer the Sharks' physical play. Giguere was the only bright spot of the night, which seems odd with the scoreline, but he really was great.

We need to get rid of Marchant, bring Ryan back up, and play smarter but still physically. *sigh* This is so familiar to last year...

Hopefully Sunday brings a better result. And we NEED to thrash the Kings next week, or I'll be really upset. Can't wait to sing the goal song at the Pond. It's been ages.

Edited by kyle*

The Sharks go 2-0 behind another excellent forward display, this time the third and fourth lines getting in on the scoring in a 3-1 over the Kings, who are going to struggle again, with no real goaltender and losing Rob Blake to free agency.

The Sharks go 2-0 behind another excellent forward display, this time the third and fourth lines getting in on the scoring in a 3-1 over the Kings, who are going to struggle again, with no real goaltender and losing Rob Blake to free agency.

The Kings' problem is hardly losing Blake. It's having without a doubt the worst ownership of any team in all of sports. They have been feeding this bullshit of "rebuilding" to their delusional, moronic fans for years, an they eat it right up. I don't know why, but their fanbase is convinced they will be a powerhouse next year. Always next year. But they always say their rebuilding.

God, going to the Staples Center is always a terrible experience.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow it's an alright one. As far as the fans think, it's a must win. And then we'll probably have the first look at Hiller on Wednesday, when we play the Oilers, who have become a huge rival of ours.

So what does this mean for me? An 0-2 start and now two games against rivals in the next two days? I'm not going to have a voice on Thursday.

Edit: I always forget my camera, but if I remember it, I'll post some pics here if anyone is interested.

Edited by kyle*

The Kings' problem is hardly losing Blake. It's having without a doubt the worst ownership of any team in all of sports. They have been feeding this bullshit of "rebuilding" to their delusional, moronic fans for years, an they eat it right up. I don't know why, but their fanbase is convinced they will be a powerhouse next year. Always next year. But they always say their rebuilding.

God, going to the Staples Center is always a terrible experience.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow it's an alright one. As far as the fans think, it's a must win. And then we'll probably have the first look at Hiller on Wednesday, when we play the Oilers, who have become a huge rival of ours.

So what does this mean for me? An 0-2 start and now two games against rivals in the next two days? I'm not going to have a voice on Thursday.

Edit: I always forget my camera, but if I remember it, I'll post some pics here if anyone is interested.

Please do. I'm going to try to get to a game next month, so I'll try and remember as well.

I'm not into Ice Hockey as much as you all seem to be, but I went to the Rangers/Chicago game at Madison Square Gardens last Friday when I was in NY, and I loved it.

4-2 to Rangers, the whole experience was very American. Rangers came out one by one, with the drums of the NYPD giving a huge drum roll as each player came out, the announcer going completely ott, it took about ten minutes for the whole Rangers team to be introduced, and then almost as an afterthought a very deadpan "and here's the Chicago Blackhawks".

The guy singing the national anthem had the most attrocious wig I've ever seen, even Bruce Forsyth wouldn't have dared to put it on, but the crowd loved him and were whooping and hollering as he hammed it up big time.

A few Chicago fans in the crowd, not sure if they travelled or if they lived in NY, a couple of them were trying to wind up the Rangers fans with abusive banners, but no one seemed to be biting.

A couple of minutes in and out of nothing the first fight started, both players put off for five minutes. I saw the first period of the Rangers game at Phillies the next night on TV and the same thing happened, do they stage a fight early on to try and get the crowd going?

All sorts of strange things to try and keep the crowd interested during breaks in play, picking out "celebrities" in the crowd, another one where someone in the crowd did a David Brent style dance in the aisle, it was obviously a regular thing as everyone on the crowd knew where he was and were going absolutely tonto, the whole thing was just like you see in the movies.